2006 Jaguar S-Type 4.2L V8 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I think mine is a

2006 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Review

4.2 Sedan (4.2L V8 6-speed Automatic)

I think mine is a lemon
By surfsidejo on

2006 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 06 S Type last Feb (2011) from a reputable Ford dealer. As soon as I got it home, my husband noticed the door seal was torn big time. I didn't notice when doing the test drive or checking it out, because I was always looking at the interior. Never thought to check areas like that. Anyway, $125.00 later we thought no more problems. 1 week later, husband was washing the car and noticed the lense on one of the fog lights was cracked. Took it for repair, $350.00, we thought we were good to go, spring comes along and we sure can't get cooled off. Everytime I slow down in traffic the AC gets warmer and warmer. Took it to reputable mechanic, $700.00 later we think we are good. Wrong.

Favorite Features

I have a love/hate relationship with this car. We bought a very good extended warranty and I have to say that is my favorite feature of this car for me. I ran out of space on the review window and I was just getting started. Let me just say that in the past year, if I had NOT purchased the extended warranty on this car, we would have spent $10,000.00 to date. That is one year. My brakes have been squeaking also, so the next thing on my list is to have those checked out. I wonder how much that is going to cost. I am amazed at all the good cars I've been reading about. I love to drive it but it is not the car for anyone on any kind of budget.