Used 2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

S-Type rules!
By Salvatore Giunta

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw the S-Type for the first time I fell in love with her. So I bought her simply because she looks marvelous and is a Jaguar. Then driving her I found that fantastic stylish was not all, power, ride and comfort are at the top. The best car in the world.

Luxury interiors, superb driving

Hifi and climate controls with black plastic frame, but several suppliers make wood frames to apply on.

My S type
By Linda S

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wasn't sure which to purchase between MB, BMW and Jag but the interior impressed me the most. In a city where it appears everyone has one, I found the Jag S type makes a nicer statement. The ride is smooth and when accelerating the sports car comes to life unlike the others. I get several compliments on my Radient Red "S". The seats are most comfortable. There is more room and better quality all around compared to the competitors... or am I just prejudiced?

The only flaw is in the design of the sunroof and windows, when open to a certain point, too much wind velocity/sound which is annoying.

Fix the design problems; improve gas mileage; offer AWD.

Gets better all the time
By L. Kraft

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought the S-Type 3.0 Jaguar. Of all the cars out in carland, this was the only car that stood out. You can't see yourself coming and going in a Jag. And this proved to be very true. I had my friends guess what type of car I bought. I only told them that it wasn't a German, Italian, Japanese, Swedish or American car. After thinking for awhile, they exclaimed: "Tell me it's not a Jaguar!" That's the reaction I have been getting and feeling while driving this terrific automobile. It is one of a kind. I find myself wanting to go out and buy things that I don't need in order just to drive the car. Needless to say, it is a great alternative to the other high-tech cars out there.

The handling, the performance, the looks (interior and exterior, and every other thing about it

I would have loved to get better gas mileage, but you can't have everything.

great auto, but design flaw
By corkys

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

2nd Jag owned. Rides great and looks good. When moon roof is fully open the ceiling vibrates between 30 and 50 MPH. Dealership says that all S types do it and it is a design flaw. My 03 was quiet as a mouse. Am pretty dissappointed that Jag would admit to a design flaw on a $50K auto. I have notified Jaguar USA, but they say that no one else has reported this. The 06 that the dealer loaned us when looking at the moonroof also vibrated. All in all, great ride but disappointed in the quality.

the exterior styling. A beautiful auto.

Moon roof needs work.

Nothing like it
By skay fayad

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Driving a Jag takes you to a completly new level of the driving experience. There is nothing like it. You're in a category all on it's on.

You can't mistake the front end of a Jag. It unmistakably identifies the car. It excellence and exquisite style is state of the art CLASSY

Can't think of any.