Used 2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Love it!
By RCT

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Researched a lot of cars in this luxury class but nothing stirred me as much as the Jag. Having been a Land Rover owner I wasn't put off by the scare stories about reliability problems. You have to drive these British cars all the time to keep them in good condition. They don't like to sit for long. I love the ride in this Jag. The engine feels plenty powerful to me. I don't know what all the magazine writers complain about when they talk about not as much power as other luxury sedans. A few minor cosmetic problems. The eye glass holder doesn't like to stay shut. Some bracket holding up a cable under the car broke. I noticed that the radio volume fluctuated a bit. Would buy again!

The ride of the car. Leather power seats. The leaper on the front hood. Fast acceleration. Tight steering.

Better audio system. I'm looking for an upgrade on the factory system. It will cost $200 to have an AUX in installed in radio. That way I can plug in my iPhone and satellite radio.

BEST luxury car I ever owned
By Leonsky

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned almost every luxury car in the market. From Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infinity, to Cadillac and Lincoln and the Jaguar beats them all in Looks and Performance. Its luxurious interior is comfortable and pleasant to the eye. I give it a 10+ overall.

It's a Jaguar. It is part of the luxury automobile history!

None that I can think of. It it is a Jaguar after all!

Superb. Simply SUPERB!!
By dodger

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My fourth and best Jag. Just fabulous in every respect. No problems after 2+ years and 30,000 miles.

Style and road handling. It is the prettiest and most singular car on the road. It turned a lot of heads on a 5000 mile cruise through Canada and the US Rockies. In fact, we saw nary another S-Type on this absolutely mesmerizing drive.

Traction in snow is an issue and four wheel drive would be great BUT SNOW TIRES made a HUGE difference last year. It was simply amazing how much better it handled though the winter.

Muscle car in a Tuxedo
By Oldengineer

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My car is the VDP model with navigation. The car is very luxurious both inside and out, yet, handles and runs like a muscle car. On trips, the fuel economy this car gets, despite having 300 HP on tap, is excellent. On the interstate, the car is dead quiet, and, very comfortable on long trips. This is my third Jag, and, by far, the best one yet.

1. The powertrain with the 4.2V8 coupled to the 6 speed ZF transmission. 2. The super comfortable seating. 3. The classic styling and gorgeous interior. 4. The excellent braking system. 5. The dash and controls layout.

Some of the dash message displays are hard to read in the daytime. The Nav system is cumbersome to use, and, doesn't offer the functionality that some of the portable systems do.

2006 Jaguar S type VDP
By Joseph

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I also had that vibrating when speed was between 30000 - 50000 MPH. It was a simple fix, not the roof or ceiling as a previous poster overstated. I was angry my dealer charged me $100.00 to 'turn on' an electrical feature on an 'option' I paid for. Jaguar headquarters refunded me that $100.00 when I advised them this to be an unfair practice. The Premium audio system needs to be more powerful not necessarily to be louder but rather to render RICHER sound quality. The Sub Woofer is barely noticeable. The telephone volume was also too low to hear comfortably - probably associated with my comment above about the stereo. A/C does not cool the car unless the setting is set at 65 degrees.

On screen navigation system - except there should also be Chinese languages for my wife to use.

Better audio system and telephone system. Should be more powerful eliminating distortion. Include Chinese as a language choice. The depreciation of this vehicle is grossly unfair! Better merchandise support NET in the trunk. This net should secure at the bottom as well as the top.

• SUV