2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Air Conditioning LED screen flashes
By rogerelliott2 on 03/18/14 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a 2006 S-type with an usual intermittent problem. Sometimes, the temperate display, a/c. fan, etc. flashes on and off endless. It doesn't seem to effect the a/c but it worries me that it m may be indicating a problem. A similar display message appears sometimes on the dash regarding cruise control. It says: "Cruise control not available." And then cruise doesn't work. It seems to fix itself though and although I'm not noticing when, it starts working again. Any thoughts on either issue? I absolutely love this car.

I think mine is a lemon
By surfsidejo on 02/02/12 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 06 S Type last Feb (2011) from a reputable Ford dealer. As soon as I got it home, my husband noticed the door seal was torn big time. I didn't notice when doing the test drive or checking it out, because I was always looking at the interior. Never thought to check areas like that. Anyway, $125.00 later we thought no more problems. 1 week later, husband was washing the car and noticed the lense on one of the fog lights was cracked. Took it for repair, $350.00, we thought we were good to go, spring comes along and we sure can't get cooled off. Everytime I slow down in traffic the AC gets warmer and warmer. Took it to reputable mechanic, $700.00 later we think we are good. Wrong.

Love it!
By RCT on 10/11/09 00:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Researched a lot of cars in this luxury class but nothing stirred me as much as the Jag. Having been a Land Rover owner I wasn't put off by the scare stories about reliability problems. You have to drive these British cars all the time to keep them in good condition. They don't like to sit for long. I love the ride in this Jag. The engine feels plenty powerful to me. I don't know what all the magazine writers complain about when they talk about not as much power as other luxury sedans. A few minor cosmetic problems. The eye glass holder doesn't like to stay shut. Some bracket holding up a cable under the car broke. I noticed that the radio volume fluctuated a bit. Would buy again!

BEST luxury car I ever owned
By Leonsky on 10/09/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned almost every luxury car in the market. From Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infinity, to Cadillac and Lincoln and the Jaguar beats them all in Looks and Performance. Its luxurious interior is comfortable and pleasant to the eye. I give it a 10+ overall.

Superb. Simply SUPERB!!
By dodger on 08/18/09 16:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My fourth and best Jag. Just fabulous in every respect. No problems after 2+ years and 30,000 miles.

Muscle car in a Tuxedo
By Oldengineer on 07/16/09 20:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My car is the VDP model with navigation. The car is very luxurious both inside and out, yet, handles and runs like a muscle car. On trips, the fuel economy this car gets, despite having 300 HP on tap, is excellent. On the interstate, the car is dead quiet, and, very comfortable on long trips. This is my third Jag, and, by far, the best one yet.

2006 Jaguar S type VDP
By Joseph on 05/04/09 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I also had that vibrating when speed was between 30000 - 50000 MPH. It was a simple fix, not the roof or ceiling as a previous poster overstated. I was angry my dealer charged me $100.00 to 'turn on' an electrical feature on an 'option' I paid for. Jaguar headquarters refunded me that $100.00 when I advised them this to be an unfair practice. The Premium audio system needs to be more powerful not necessarily to be louder but rather to render RICHER sound quality. The Sub Woofer is barely noticeable. The telephone volume was also too low to hear comfortably - probably associated with my comment above about the stereo. A/C does not cool the car unless the setting is set at 65 degrees.

S-Type rules!
By Salvatore Giunta on 07/02/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw the S-Type for the first time I fell in love with her. So I bought her simply because she looks marvelous and is a Jaguar. Then driving her I found that fantastic stylish was not all, power, ride and comfort are at the top. The best car in the world.

My S type
By Linda S on 07/03/06 01:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wasn't sure which to purchase between MB, BMW and Jag but the interior impressed me the most. In a city where it appears everyone has one, I found the Jag S type makes a nicer statement. The ride is smooth and when accelerating the sports car comes to life unlike the others. I get several compliments on my Radient Red "S". The seats are most comfortable. There is more room and better quality all around compared to the competitors... or am I just prejudiced?

Gets better all the time
By L. Kraft on 07/01/06 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought the S-Type 3.0 Jaguar. Of all the cars out in carland, this was the only car that stood out. You can't see yourself coming and going in a Jag. And this proved to be very true. I had my friends guess what type of car I bought. I only told them that it wasn't a German, Italian, Japanese, Swedish or American car. After thinking for awhile, they exclaimed: "Tell me it's not a Jaguar!" That's the reaction I have been getting and feeling while driving this terrific automobile. It is one of a kind. I find myself wanting to go out and buy things that I don't need in order just to drive the car. Needless to say, it is a great alternative to the other high-tech cars out there.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.