Used 2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar S-type - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Air Conditioning LED screen flashes
By rogerelliott2

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a 2006 S-type with an usual intermittent problem. Sometimes, the temperate display, a/c. fan, etc. flashes on and off endless. It doesn't seem to effect the a/c but it worries me that it m may be indicating a problem. A similar display message appears sometimes on the dash regarding cruise control. It says: "Cruise control not available." And then cruise doesn't work. It seems to fix itself though and although I'm not noticing when, it starts working again. Any thoughts on either issue? I absolutely love this car.

Favorite Features

The interior. It so nice.

Suggested Improvements

1. Put one simple knob on the dash to toggle between daylight saving time. 2. Make a spot to store an umbrella somewhere along the driver's door. 3. Make an extension to the shade so that when flipped against the door, it covers more rearward. 4. Make a slot to store a cell phone on the dash.

I think mine is a lemon
By surfsidejo

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 06 S Type last Feb (2011) from a reputable Ford dealer. As soon as I got it home, my husband noticed the door seal was torn big time. I didn't notice when doing the test drive or checking it out, because I was always looking at the interior. Never thought to check areas like that. Anyway, $125.00 later we thought no more problems. 1 week later, husband was washing the car and noticed the lense on one of the fog lights was cracked. Took it for repair, $350.00, we thought we were good to go, spring comes along and we sure can't get cooled off. Everytime I slow down in traffic the AC gets warmer and warmer. Took it to reputable mechanic, $700.00 later we think we are good. Wrong.

Favorite Features

I have a love/hate relationship with this car. We bought a very good extended warranty and I have to say that is my favorite feature of this car for me. I ran out of space on the review window and I was just getting started. Let me just say that in the past year, if I had NOT purchased the extended warranty on this car, we would have spent $10,000.00 to date. That is one year. My brakes have been squeaking also, so the next thing on my list is to have those checked out. I wonder how much that is going to cost. I am amazed at all the good cars I've been reading about. I love to drive it but it is not the car for anyone on any kind of budget.

Love it!
By RCT

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Researched a lot of cars in this luxury class but nothing stirred me as much as the Jag. Having been a Land Rover owner I wasn't put off by the scare stories about reliability problems. You have to drive these British cars all the time to keep them in good condition. They don't like to sit for long. I love the ride in this Jag. The engine feels plenty powerful to me. I don't know what all the magazine writers complain about when they talk about not as much power as other luxury sedans. A few minor cosmetic problems. The eye glass holder doesn't like to stay shut. Some bracket holding up a cable under the car broke. I noticed that the radio volume fluctuated a bit. Would buy again!

Favorite Features

The ride of the car. Leather power seats. The leaper on the front hood. Fast acceleration. Tight steering.

Suggested Improvements

Better audio system. I'm looking for an upgrade on the factory system. It will cost $200 to have an AUX in installed in radio. That way I can plug in my iPhone and satellite radio.

BEST luxury car I ever owned
By Leonsky

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned almost every luxury car in the market. From Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infinity, to Cadillac and Lincoln and the Jaguar beats them all in Looks and Performance. Its luxurious interior is comfortable and pleasant to the eye. I give it a 10+ overall.

Favorite Features

It's a Jaguar. It is part of the luxury automobile history!

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of. It it is a Jaguar after all!

Superb. Simply SUPERB!!
By dodger

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My fourth and best Jag. Just fabulous in every respect. No problems after 2+ years and 30,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Style and road handling. It is the prettiest and most singular car on the road. It turned a lot of heads on a 5000 mile cruise through Canada and the US Rockies. In fact, we saw nary another S-Type on this absolutely mesmerizing drive.

Suggested Improvements

Traction in snow is an issue and four wheel drive would be great BUT SNOW TIRES made a HUGE difference last year. It was simply amazing how much better it handled though the winter.