Used 2006 Jaguar S-Type R R Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar S-Type R - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jaguar S-Type R

R 4.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Jaguar S-Type R
By islam7

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have 105,000 miles on my Jaguar S-Type R and its still runs like new.
My Jaguar never broke down.
The only money spend is for brakes pads, new tires and oil changes.
I use only Mobil 1 synthetic oil for the oil change.
Next month I’m going to have spend some money; for the 100,000 service (New Spark Plugs & Belts).
This is the best car I owned.

The 400hp Supercharger 4.2 V8 Engine!!!

2013 Jaguar XFR

Amazing car!
By jessrayo

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had my S-Type R for almost 2 years and I'm now putting the experience on the web for others to see.
This is the best car I have ever owned.
I now have 80,000 miles (purchased with 40K).
This car is quiet, comfortable, and amazingly fast.
I was concerned about reliability and maintenance so I specifically looked for a certified pre-owned car.
I have had one trip to the dealership for a warranty claim in the 2 years I have owned the car, I have driven it hard.
I'm kind of a speed junkie and nothing touches this car. I had to get a radar detector to keep from loosing my license.
If you are not looking at the speedo you can't tell how fast you are going.

Some cars get loose as the speed increases but this this thing doesn't seem to have any limit, no mater how fast you go it feels rock steady. The engine is awesome!

The car is not good on ice or snow (I live in the south) we had record snowfall this year and I tried to take it out of the garage once, sport tires, RWD, 400hp and snow do not mix. If you live in the north at a minimum you will need snow tires. The car is also rather heavy if you try to throw it into a corner, it corners pretty well for the weight but you can tell it is a very heavy car.

Can't beat it for the money
By forcefed

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Amazing power and handling for a car its size, the ability to get 29mpg if you cruise on the hwy. gorgeous good looks. Tight rear seat but that's not why I bought it. Brakes and Tires go fairly fast but the driving experience is well worth it. a few squeaks and rattles showed up and are not covered under warranty after 12k miles. I'm writing this after my car was totaled last week, I walked away with minor cuts and bruises, so I can now say, its a very safe car to be in if things go wrong. Frame was bent and the engine mounts broke but I was able to get out and walk away. Might find myself in another one sooner than later

power MPG Looks Quietness Birdseye Maple Leather quality

rear seat room better fastening of plastic tidbits satellite radio install is horribly cheap

Still a performer
By michael

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I've now owned this car for several years and its my third Jag. This car is simply the best I've owned. The looks are still good and save for the easily scraped wheels, it still looks new. The reliability has always been a concern but its never broken down and never not started. The only trips to the shop have been for maintenance and to replace a NAV component (warranty). The brakes are expensive so watch out for that! ($1000.00 for the back)

Screams off the line but isn't one of those "Look-at-me" cars. Understated is definitely the term I'd use.

None.

This car is the BOMB
By Jeff B

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had many high performance cars in my life, including a 2001 BMW M5, a Porsche GT3 and a Benz E55. The Jag "R" is the best. The M5 would beat it 0-60 (barely) but jeez, the Jag just FLIES for an automatic. The transmission is just awesome, the seats are SO much more comfortable than the hard ones in the M5, and the suspension is absolutely just right for me. Besides the nasty-fast accelleration, the brakes are fantastic. Definitely recommend this wicked, elegant vehicle.

ENGINE, elegant, tight body, seats, brakes, and the supercharger sound.

Big, toned loud exhaust. Hate the dumb big flip-keys; I use the green valet one. Honestly, no other improvements.