2006 Jaguar S-Type R - Consumer Reviews

R 4.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
Jaguar S-Type R
By islam7 on 12/26/12 09:58 AM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have 105,000 miles on my Jaguar S-Type R and its still runs like new. My Jaguar never broke down. The only money spend is for brakes pads, new tires and oil changes. I use only Mobil 1 synthetic oil for the oil change. Next month I’m going to have spend some money; for the 100,000 service (New Spark Plugs & Belts). This is the best car I owned.

Amazing car!
By jessrayo on 02/27/11 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had my S-Type R for almost 2 years and I'm now putting the experience on the web for others to see. This is the best car I have ever owned. I now have 80,000 miles (purchased with 40K). This car is quiet, comfortable, and amazingly fast. I was concerned about reliability and maintenance so I specifically looked for a certified pre-owned car. I have had one trip to the dealership for a warranty claim in the 2 years I have owned the car, I have driven it hard. I'm kind of a speed junkie and nothing touches this car. I had to get a radar detector to keep from loosing my license. If you are not looking at the speedo you can't tell how fast you are going.

Can't beat it for the money
By forcefed on 05/17/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Amazing power and handling for a car its size, the ability to get 29mpg if you cruise on the hwy. gorgeous good looks. Tight rear seat but that's not why I bought it. Brakes and Tires go fairly fast but the driving experience is well worth it. a few squeaks and rattles showed up and are not covered under warranty after 12k miles. I'm writing this after my car was totaled last week, I walked away with minor cuts and bruises, so I can now say, its a very safe car to be in if things go wrong. Frame was bent and the engine mounts broke but I was able to get out and walk away. Might find myself in another one sooner than later

Still a performer
By michael on 03/14/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I've now owned this car for several years and its my third Jag. This car is simply the best I've owned. The looks are still good and save for the easily scraped wheels, it still looks new. The reliability has always been a concern but its never broken down and never not started. The only trips to the shop have been for maintenance and to replace a NAV component (warranty). The brakes are expensive so watch out for that! ($1000.00 for the back)

This car is the BOMB
By Jeff B on 01/03/07 17:13 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had many high performance cars in my life, including a 2001 BMW M5, a Porsche GT3 and a Benz E55. The Jag "R" is the best. The M5 would beat it 0-60 (barely) but jeez, the Jag just FLIES for an automatic. The transmission is just awesome, the seats are SO much more comfortable than the hard ones in the M5, and the suspension is absolutely just right for me. Besides the nasty-fast accelleration, the brakes are fantastic. Definitely recommend this wicked, elegant vehicle.

Great Car
By bob8800 on 10/28/06 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I went from a Lincoln to the Jag and I have been very pleased. Classic appearance, great power and cornering is outstanding. Driver's seat is a bit small for a tall person and five-person capacity is impossible unless they are small people. All in all I am very impressed with a fine automobile.

SUPER JAGUAR!
By PCardali on 06/01/06 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The 2006 S-Type R is one of the world's most underrated cars. With 400hp the car defines "Performance Luxury Sedan". The car's power and handling will amaze you the first time you drive it but the luxury and styling will make you fall in love. Technically the car has everything that any car lover would want: Nav system, Bluetooth compatible, satellite radio without the hassle and annoyance of the German brands. Avoid the iDrive! The car's interior has improved in terms of the quality of the materials compared to earlier models. This is my 2nd STypeR and I love this one even more. Jaguar's STypeR is the automotive equivalent to Clark Kent--underneath the surface lies something SUPER.

Where's The Traction!!!???
By John Craten on 03/15/06 14:35 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I live in the east. Occasionally we have dicey weather. This is undoubtedly the best looking car on the market - however, it needs all-wheel drive! Traction in bad weather is abysmal.

Wow Great Car
By Jspan on 11/14/05 00:26 AM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Best Performing car I have ever owned. Great technology and ease of use. Unlike the terrible I drive on BMW

Faster than my old AMG
By billk on 10/05/05 04:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Once rolling, this car pulls strong in the mid-range and cruises easily up to 130+mph. Nav system slow. Brakes are grabby with tons of black dust all over the wheels. Most annoying is the wake the dead screeching brakes when brakes get warm and coming to a stop - factory won't warranty. When not moving and turning wheels, power steering jerky like not pumping enough fluid. Dealer sez this is normal on all Jags - NOT! The warranty people treat you like a Ford owner.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.