2006 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Air Conditioning LED screen flashes
By rogerelliott2 on 03/18/14 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a 2006 S-type with an usual intermittent problem. Sometimes, the temperate display, a/c. fan, etc. flashes on and off endless. It doesn't seem to effect the a/c but it worries me that it m may be indicating a problem. A similar display message appears sometimes on the dash regarding cruise control. It says: "Cruise control not available." And then cruise doesn't work. It seems to fix itself though and although I'm not noticing when, it starts working again. Any thoughts on either issue? I absolutely love this car.

Jaguar S-Type R
By islam7 on 12/26/12 09:58 AM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have 105,000 miles on my Jaguar S-Type R and its still runs like new. My Jaguar never broke down. The only money spend is for brakes pads, new tires and oil changes. I use only Mobil 1 synthetic oil for the oil change. Next month Iím going to have spend some money; for the 100,000 service (New Spark Plugs & Belts). This is the best car I owned.

I think mine is a lemon
By surfsidejo on 02/02/12 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 06 S Type last Feb (2011) from a reputable Ford dealer. As soon as I got it home, my husband noticed the door seal was torn big time. I didn't notice when doing the test drive or checking it out, because I was always looking at the interior. Never thought to check areas like that. Anyway, $125.00 later we thought no more problems. 1 week later, husband was washing the car and noticed the lense on one of the fog lights was cracked. Took it for repair, $350.00, we thought we were good to go, spring comes along and we sure can't get cooled off. Everytime I slow down in traffic the AC gets warmer and warmer. Took it to reputable mechanic, $700.00 later we think we are good. Wrong.

Amazing car!
By jessrayo on 02/27/11 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had my S-Type R for almost 2 years and I'm now putting the experience on the web for others to see. This is the best car I have ever owned. I now have 80,000 miles (purchased with 40K). This car is quiet, comfortable, and amazingly fast. I was concerned about reliability and maintenance so I specifically looked for a certified pre-owned car. I have had one trip to the dealership for a warranty claim in the 2 years I have owned the car, I have driven it hard. I'm kind of a speed junkie and nothing touches this car. I had to get a radar detector to keep from loosing my license. If you are not looking at the speedo you can't tell how fast you are going.

Can't beat it for the money
By forcefed on 05/17/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Amazing power and handling for a car its size, the ability to get 29mpg if you cruise on the hwy. gorgeous good looks. Tight rear seat but that's not why I bought it. Brakes and Tires go fairly fast but the driving experience is well worth it. a few squeaks and rattles showed up and are not covered under warranty after 12k miles. I'm writing this after my car was totaled last week, I walked away with minor cuts and bruises, so I can now say, its a very safe car to be in if things go wrong. Frame was bent and the engine mounts broke but I was able to get out and walk away. Might find myself in another one sooner than later

Love it!
By RCT on 10/11/09 00:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Researched a lot of cars in this luxury class but nothing stirred me as much as the Jag. Having been a Land Rover owner I wasn't put off by the scare stories about reliability problems. You have to drive these British cars all the time to keep them in good condition. They don't like to sit for long. I love the ride in this Jag. The engine feels plenty powerful to me. I don't know what all the magazine writers complain about when they talk about not as much power as other luxury sedans. A few minor cosmetic problems. The eye glass holder doesn't like to stay shut. Some bracket holding up a cable under the car broke. I noticed that the radio volume fluctuated a bit. Would buy again!

BEST luxury car I ever owned
By Leonsky on 10/09/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned almost every luxury car in the market. From Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infinity, to Cadillac and Lincoln and the Jaguar beats them all in Looks and Performance. Its luxurious interior is comfortable and pleasant to the eye. I give it a 10+ overall.

Superb. Simply SUPERB!!
By dodger on 08/18/09 16:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My fourth and best Jag. Just fabulous in every respect. No problems after 2+ years and 30,000 miles.

Muscle car in a Tuxedo
By Oldengineer on 07/16/09 20:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My car is the VDP model with navigation. The car is very luxurious both inside and out, yet, handles and runs like a muscle car. On trips, the fuel economy this car gets, despite having 300 HP on tap, is excellent. On the interstate, the car is dead quiet, and, very comfortable on long trips. This is my third Jag, and, by far, the best one yet.

2006 Jaguar S type VDP
By Joseph on 05/04/09 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I also had that vibrating when speed was between 30000 - 50000 MPH. It was a simple fix, not the roof or ceiling as a previous poster overstated. I was angry my dealer charged me $100.00 to 'turn on' an electrical feature on an 'option' I paid for. Jaguar headquarters refunded me that $100.00 when I advised them this to be an unfair practice. The Premium audio system needs to be more powerful not necessarily to be louder but rather to render RICHER sound quality. The Sub Woofer is barely noticeable. The telephone volume was also too low to hear comfortably - probably associated with my comment above about the stereo. A/C does not cool the car unless the setting is set at 65 degrees.