2004 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Great Car
By Tiger Tzu on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful styling with quality comfort features

'03 S-Type R Dream Car
By TD2 on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car must be the best combination of performance and luxury in a mid-size 4 door car. Despite the price tag and poor fuel economy, Jaguar helps out by covering major maintenance for the first 50k miles. By the way, city driving is a pleasure. Just don't plan on using this car for long distance family trips. My recommedation, is use your other car presuming it is an SUV. While you're at it, buy your favorite oil stocks since you'll be keeping a floor under the price of gasoline...

JAG S TYPE "R"
By RON TAYLOR on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

HOT PERFORMANCE A GREAT LOOKS MAKE THIS CAR A HEART STOPPER. DROVE BMW 5'S AND 7'S BEFORE THIS CAR AND WOULD MAKE COMPARISON AS FAVORABLE TO BMW QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE AND AT LESS DOLLARS. GREAT CAR...TOO BAD DEPERCIATION HAS BEEN AN ISSUE.

A great drivers car
By John M on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

What a beauty. I owned 3 other S- types, because I love the classic Jaguar lines. Upgrading each year is due to the engineering refinement and design enhancements. The R has the performance, power, handling, and flexibility in unique balance. Nothing feels harsh which is rare in a 400hp rocket. The Jaguar racing legacy is alive here. With the odd looking new BMW 500 series, Jag investing in R-engineering will have a promising future. I sense the E-Type racing heritage in this car, which makes it all worthwhile. And with 5 seats my family can enjoy.

The Perfect "Kitty"
By celcis1 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am smiling because I just took delivery of my new cat! I hope I am not disapointed down the road but for now I am HAPPY.

jag-owner
By jag-owner on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second next to the x-type and jag have excellent styling and great reliability.I dont have a problem with either Jags.

Jag SR
By Duane Marlink on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

If your thinking of a Jag, it's an excellent car. We have driven Mercedes for the past 3-4 years, and the performance surpasses the E430 and Clk420

S-type, V-8 GREAT CAR
By margaret guinasso on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I would never consider driving another car. The car rides like a dream, the service is exceptional. Whatever bad evaluations have been made are simply not true. I think if the people writing the evauations actually "OWNED" a jaguar their opinions would change radically. Mostly I think it is ignorance. Jaguars are as elegant as they are high performance. Nothing can top that.

S-Type V8
By J. Nations on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

True luxury car. Fun to drive, Beats Lexus and M-B in prestige. Gets looks and comments all the time. Black with charcoal interior is beautiful. Wood and chrome interior is very plush. No complaints to date. I even love the J- gate. V-8 with 6 speed automatic is smooth and powerful.

My Jag
By Andrew Gutterman on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

i purchased this vehicle in oct. of 02. i have so many complaints lets get started. this car is $47,500 to own, i am leasing it for 39 months for $639. When i first got the car i was very impressed.the GPS system is now a mental case who spits out my CD's, changes the radio stations and turns the radio/CD playeron. I often have trouble getting the car into drive, the shaftwont move, i push it beeps. after about 4-6 trys itgives and im off. the exceleration is great so is the handleing, but the gas in NYC is crazy and 18Mpg isnt to hott. i cant ever get the trunk open on the first try manualy nevermind with my trunk button on the key.