Used 2004 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Jaquar Joy!
By Pam Mullins on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The style, comfort, creature comforts, and durability are excellent!

AWESOME WOMANS CAR
By Roy Harrigill on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

It drives like a sports car. Handles excellent and turns heads everywhere it goes. It is fun, never boring and going anywhere in it is a pleasure. Can also carry grandkids in it as it is plenty roomy. Love my car....

great car
By joel pugh on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

great car lots of fun!! almost too fast.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By JANET JAG on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

i HAD PREVIOUSLY LEASED MY 2000 jAGUAR S TYP AND LOVE THE CAR. HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT wHEN MY LEASE WAS EDNDING jAGUAR BOUGHT OUT MY LEASE EARLIER THAN THE ORG 36 MONTHS AND PUT ME IN A 2004, tHE SALES PERSON SAID IF I LOVE MY FIRST JAG THIS NEXT ONE WAS EVEN BETTER DUE TO THE CHANGES JAGUAR MADE. WELL THEY WERE WRIGHT. THE CAR IS PURE LUXURY AND SPORT IT DRIVES ITSELF. AND IS REALLY BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE IT

04 s r
By jaguar74 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Purrfect car that is much better than comparable high line high performance cars for the money.

A Terrific "Cat" and a great buy.
By jzmd1 on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

When replacing our 540iA Sport, I learned that a loaded E-500 or 540iA were close in price to the S-Type R (sans nav). Intrigued, I took a test drive and found the Jag's overall power, acceleration, steering, handling, braking, luxury and refinement to be significantly superior to either the MB or BMW. I purchased the Jaguar and after some 10,000 trouble-free miles, I can report nothing but satisfaction. To suggest that this car is overpriced considering the competition is absurd. It leaves all manner of 540s, E-500s, etc. in its dust; while not in the same performance league as the new E-55, RS-6 or M5, these cars cost some 20K more.

Near perfect
By DrDan on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This must be the most beautiful car on the road. Very solid. Great quality. The engine is much happier at higher RPMs and lacks a little in low-end torque but not really a problem unless you what to "burn rubber" frequently. Get the 4.2 if this is important to you. But you MUST GET THIS CAR. I love it more as I drive it more. I'm going to buy this car at the end of the lease and drive it forever OR give it to my wife who is already maneuvering for it at lease's end and get another new one.

Great acceleration,great looks,great fin
By Jogden on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Acceleration great when passing-also safe because pass is quick. People seem to know the car-lots of good comments.

I love the Sssssssss
By urfune on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love the luxury, comfort, and exitement of my Jag. I recently sold a 5 series BMW because it was always in the shop! The Jag's performance is outstanding even with the V6! Happy, happy, happy....and no costly repairs..yet. :)

R type is the M-5 and AMG killer
By lmcrane on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Recently replaced a BMW 740i with a 2004 Jaguar S-type R. More value in the Jag S-R than BMW or M-B. Felt that I had all the benefits of the M-5 or AMG for $25K less (and also beat the prices of the 545 and E- 500). The 390 HP pulls strongly at all rev levels, but is also smooth in city driving. The chassis/tires and computer controlled suspenswion can handle all of this with aplomb. The new Jag NAV system is excellent with an easily self replaceable DVD. The advanced sound system, part of the R package, is quite good and easy to use, with voice, steering wheel, or dash controls. Gas mileage has been 16-17 mpg in town, not bad for a 400 HP rocket.