2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
interior quality design flaws
By myjag3 on 02/15/15 08:20 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the car new. The interior is made cheaply and has flaws. The headliner fell down after a few years and is expensive to replace. The vanity mirrors have covers that break off easily. The cigarette lighter works some of the time. The clock and radio require the manual to reset as it is not easy to remember.

WOW!
By bpagano on 08/16/13 07:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2003 S-type. I couldn't be happier. It had 82K miles on it and drives like its brand new. I cant believe I own a Jag. I happy as heck......

I love this car!!!
By jjandaa on 03/19/11 23:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2005 with 10k miles on it. It is my all the time car and now has 97k miles on it. The only problems I have had is the front driver side barren went out, replaced the brakes twice, and the electronic e-brake went out (which I have not replace). I do not considered these major problems. I love this car and complete recommend it to any one. I do not plan on replacing it anytime soon. I have been through 2 major accidents and have never been hurt. The car still rides smooth and if you look at it you would never know it has been through the accidents.

Love this car
By Jaglover on 07/17/10 15:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased our Jag used a few years ago. It had about 48,000 miles on it at the time and had been a lease vehicle. We had some initial mechanical issues. But after we got those straightened out, the car has been wonderful. I absolutely love driving it and will probably keep it until the wheels fall off.

What a Lemon!
By paul on 04/13/10 12:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased used in 06.3 1000 miles. Fair price.Cool looking car. My wife thought it was the 2nd coming,I couldn't get her out of it. Thought this was a good investment for years to come. Thought it would be reliable, considering it was a jag.The first 2 years were ok-the tranny and oil pans were leaking, minor really. We had them repaired.The last 1 1/2 years have been difficult to say the least. The car has had its instrument cluster put into a fridge, dash lights have done off/on while driving at night, cd player problems, heating controller malfunctions,exhaust issues, other elect issues, and most recently the lower control arm needs to be rpl-it leaks($1100.00) Show me the money-looks great!

Luxurious yet fussy
By Baka_Otaku173 on 03/31/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

About 3 weeks ago, I purchased this vehicle and boy was I proud. I am 25 and driving a Jag. Luckily I also kept my trusty 04 Honda Accord just in case and now I am glad that I did. The Jag started to act funny within 2 weeks of purchase. The light bulbs fried, the transmission makes funny noises if not warmed up (driven for over 30 mins), the steering makes a clanking noise when turning hard. I am honestly becoming quite concerned over this vehicle. But the price for it was great! Worse case scenario, over the life of the vehicle I'll throw in some money to keep it running as long as possible. It is a JAGUAR in the end. Known for their temperamental behaviors.

Life Cycle of the S Type
By Lean Consultant on 03/11/10 22:08 PM (PST)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car from a private party that fell on hard times after only putting 4100 miles on it. I love the styling of the vehicle and wanted the 4.2 liter V8. This car was to be my dream car. After seven years, I have to admit that it has lived up to most of my expectations. The original warranty, and then the extended warranty I purchased later, covered just about everything I could have requested. I get approximately 22 MPG with about 80% of my driving on the freeways of Southern California. By using Michelin touring tires I find that the ride cushion and quietness are better than I had expected. I compare the acceleration with what I had as a kid with my '64 Olds 442.

Mustang to Jag
By cburl on 08/09/09 08:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Like MikeL, I went from a Mustang to Jag. Jag was a executive car for major dealership, so I'm first private owner. Was well cared for and maintain. Most think it's brand new. No problems whatsoever, and the guys at the dealership miss her. Love the ride as extremely quiet and relaxing. All black leather with silver exterior nice, but heats up in the summer sun. Garaged most of time. AC quiet even at full blast as to not drown out cd. All in all, excellent and attention getting ride. They lose value after newness, as the window sticker showed $47,478 and I got this perfect specimen for under $10,000. Maybe the economy and I was paying cash. Couldn't think of a greater value.

I love it
By Doc on 02/18/09 11:13 AM (PST)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My cat had 30k miles on it when I bought it. I was very impressed with the power from a V6. As far as reliability goes--a bolt fell out of the J-gate at 35k, temp sensor failed,so no heat, a PLASTIC part of the self adjusting HID lights failed. All fixed under warranty. Now at 70K I have spent $1200 in the lst week to replace the PLASTIC radiator overflow tank and then a radiator hose with a PLASTIC part in it that broke. Jaguar- -do you see a trend here??? Great looking car, great driving car, comfortable and economical in the gas department. I drive on flat highways in Florida and see low 30's all the time. If you put your foot in it, it will growl and take off. I love the exhaust growl.

Wow, I love this car!!
By MikeL on 02/13/09 12:47 PM (PST)

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It's been just over a week and I am deeply in love with my Jaguar. I moved from a Mustang GT to the Jag and the change is amazing. The elegance of the car enhances the great look. You feel like you are in an expensive resort. The deep hue of the wood, the buttery soft leather, the smooth coolness of the steering wheel, just perfect. The refined ride is a great complement to the quiet interior and the nav system is easy to use. I Know it has only been a week, but wow, I love this car!!