Used 2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar S-type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

interior quality design flaws
By myjag3

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the car new. The interior is made cheaply and has flaws. The headliner fell down after a few years and is expensive to replace. The vanity mirrors have covers that break off easily. The cigarette lighter works some of the time. The clock and radio require the manual to reset as it is not easy to remember.

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable and adjust comfortably. The heating is great and comfortable. The steering wheel adjusts great. Good leg room in front seat.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality design on small items such as vanity mirrors. Headliner should not fall down. Easier programming of clock and radio.

WOW!
By bpagano

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2003 S-type. I couldn't be happier. It had 82K miles on it and drives like its brand new. I cant believe I own a Jag. I happy as heck......

I love this car!!!
By jjandaa

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2005 with 10k miles on it. It is my all the time car and now has 97k miles on it. The only problems I have had is the front driver side barren went out, replaced the brakes twice, and the electronic e-brake went out (which I have not replace). I do not considered these major problems. I love this car and complete recommend it to any one. I do not plan on replacing it anytime soon. I have been through 2 major accidents and have never been hurt. The car still rides smooth and if you look at it you would never know it has been through the accidents.

Favorite Features

I love the stylish look of the inside and outside. The comfort of driving and riding in it. Just everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would recommend is making the trunk area larger. You might be able to get 2 large suitcases in it.

Love this car
By Jaglover

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased our Jag used a few years ago. It had about 48,000 miles on it at the time and had been a lease vehicle. We had some initial mechanical issues. But after we got those straightened out, the car has been wonderful. I absolutely love driving it and will probably keep it until the wheels fall off.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

The car could use larger cup holders and something about the brakes makes it deposit brake dust on the wheel covers. That should be changed.

What a Lemon!
By paul

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased used in 06.3 1000 miles. Fair price.Cool looking car. My wife thought it was the 2nd coming,I couldn't get her out of it. Thought this was a good investment for years to come. Thought it would be reliable, considering it was a jag.The first 2 years were ok-the tranny and oil pans were leaking, minor really. We had them repaired.The last 1 1/2 years have been difficult to say the least. The car has had its instrument cluster put into a fridge, dash lights have done off/on while driving at night, cd player problems, heating controller malfunctions,exhaust issues, other elect issues, and most recently the lower control arm needs to be rpl-it leaks($1100.00) Show me the money-looks great!

Favorite Features

Lines of car are really neat.Leather and wood inside is cool. Radio/cd sounds good when working.Its really an eye catching car. Kudos to the styling team.

Suggested Improvements

Add more leg room inside.A little larger brake rotor.Need to build the car like jag used to.Need to use better,stronger material.Wiring needs to be upgraded. Repair cost are out of control.Replace ford motor with a more suitable engine. Tranny could be of better quality for this type of car.Thank you