Used 2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Great Car If You Can Find a Good One
By Richard

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

If you like the way the car looks and drives and can find one with relatively low miles, that has been maintained and hasn't been too abused, go for it. I'm happy that I did. The S Type from 2003 on has an improved drive train, interior, and reliability. Stay on top of leaks and maintenance and it should hold up fine. The car drives super smooth and with the NA 4.2 V8 is pretty quick. If you want to have the most elegant car at the drag strip go for the R model, if you don't like to drive fast a V6 model is the most plentiful and still has 240 HP for passing other cars. Ford has made Jaguar a better car and much more reliable than the ones from the 80's and 90's, going from the bottom of the reliability lists to the top. With the rear seats folded down there is a lot of storage in back, making it practical too. Don't use the car for carrying gravel or firewood though, the car is too dignified for that. Because most people think that a Jaguar is going to explode at any moment they are a bargain for what you get too.

A great luxury car value after New wears off
By Dave Collett

Clock
By JD

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The clock needs to be easier to set. I gave up on changing it for daylight savings time. I love my Jag. My son bought it when he got out of the Navy. One month later he said he was going to trade it in. That it was an old man's car. I told him I would give him my 2002 Chevrolet Impala that was paid for and I would take over the Jag. I got the better deal.

interior quality design flaws
By myjag3

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the car new. The interior is made cheaply and has flaws. The headliner fell down after a few years and is expensive to replace. The vanity mirrors have covers that break off easily. The cigarette lighter works some of the time. The clock and radio require the manual to reset as it is not easy to remember.

The seats are very comfortable and adjust comfortably. The heating is great and comfortable. The steering wheel adjusts great. Good leg room in front seat.

Better quality design on small items such as vanity mirrors. Headliner should not fall down. Easier programming of clock and radio.

WOW!
By bpagano

2003 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2003 S-type. I couldn't be happier. It had 82K miles on it and drives like its brand new. I cant believe I own a Jag. I happy as heck......