Used 2003 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

interior quality design flaws
By myjag3

2003 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the car new. The interior is made cheaply and has flaws. The headliner fell down after a few years and is expensive to replace. The vanity mirrors have covers that break off easily. The cigarette lighter works some of the time. The clock and radio require the manual to reset as it is not easy to remember.

The seats are very comfortable and adjust comfortably. The heating is great and comfortable. The steering wheel adjusts great. Good leg room in front seat.

Better quality design on small items such as vanity mirrors. Headliner should not fall down. Easier programming of clock and radio.

WOW!
By bpagano

2003 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2003 S-type. I couldn't be happier. It had 82K miles on it and drives like its brand new. I cant believe I own a Jag. I happy as heck......

I love this car!!!
By jjandaa

2003 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2005 with 10k miles on it. It is my all the time car and now has 97k miles on it. The only problems I have had is the front driver side barren went out, replaced the brakes twice, and the electronic e-brake went out (which I have not replace). I do not considered these major problems. I love this car and complete recommend it to any one. I do not plan on replacing it anytime soon. I have been through 2 major accidents and have never been hurt. The car still rides smooth and if you look at it you would never know it has been through the accidents.

I love the stylish look of the inside and outside. The comfort of driving and riding in it. Just everything about it.

The only improvement I would recommend is making the trunk area larger. You might be able to get 2 large suitcases in it.

Great Performance and Style
By nh

2003 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car is startlingly fast! Despite being a 4000 lb luxury sedan it corners like a sports car. Breaks are great! I get tons of looks and compliments on the styling. The R has much better proportions than the standard S-Type. The wood and leather interior is very classy. I prefer it to the modernized XF interior. Dealer Repair costs are extremely high... especially if there is only one Jag dealer locally. Most independent shops refuse to touch this car, however even after 80,000 miles this car has only been to the shop a handful of times. My only real complaint is about the small size of the tank. I travel a lot and I wish I could go over 400 miles between petrol stops.

400 supercharged horsepower. Mind bending acceleration especially at highway speeds. Great fuel economy. I average over 20 mpg with mixed city/highway driving!

Well the car is no longer in production, however it could benefit from a Limited Slip Diff, Larger Fuel Tank, Manual Gearbox option, and More power never hurts.

Beautiful 390 HP Jag
By Brian

2003 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Beautiful car with tremendous speed. I bought this car with 51 mi on it from a private owner. I now have 60 mi on it and have the following to report. The supercharger in the car works great, and I love the fact that I can beat almost anybody that pulls up next to me with such a classy vehicle. I also get many compliments on it. Now for the bad stuff. The dual heating system in mine is already having problems and heat seems to blow from some vents when the AC is on. I'm told it's a $1500 problem to solve. Also the plastic bevel and cup holders in the back are cheaply made and will break. Visor mirror covers are made of the same junk plastic and have also broken. Still like it so far!

POWER! Crazy fast for such a classy car. Beautiful styling is also appreciated. GPS works well too.

Should use higher quality plastics for movable plastic interior pieces. I have 2 Jaguars and both have plastic interior pieces that break more easily than in other cars. Both of my Jags have broken visor mirror covers so I think its a problem. Also would like to use regular gas instead of premium