Not The 80's Jag Nightmare
By Nice Little Cat on
2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I just bought this car pre-owned for my fiance and despite my objections being a previous Jag owner (1995 XJ8) that was junk, the S-type seems to be a much needed improvement. Nicely laid out inside & out, runs well, but compared to my BMW 528i, the gas mileage on the Jag for a V6 is horrible. Handles well for such a heavy car and picks up nice on the highway. Currently has 85000 miles and looks brand new inside and out! Compliments have been incredible and common. Certainly a car for somebody looking for something different. I'm hoping the Ford influence pays off on this higher mileage Jag. Looks like we paid 3 times more then what we did, the neighbors are very jealous!
Favorite Features
Exterior styling, interior options are great. Lots of gizmos and buttons. Dual climate control is very nice along with the auto headlights and wipers. The premium sounds really makes me smile too. I love the hood emblem and the big side mirrors.
Suggested Improvements
Larger trunk, better gas mileage. Why can you open the windows with the remote, but you can't close them? An auto up/down window on the passenger side too. The horn stinks too. Disc changer in the glove box would be a nice touch. Maybe a back-up camera? Better quality headlight plastic or glass?