Used 2002 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Jag S type
By mjde

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second S-Type, and it has performed perfectly as both a long- distance and commuting (30 miles each way) car. Fun to drive, safe, decent mileage (19.5 city, 25 highway) and great looks. Used great split rear seats and large trunk to carry guitars, cooler, suitcases for road trips.

Body style, seating, dashboard, steering, road stickiness, trunk size and split rear seats

More space for stuff in driving and front passenger compartment

I love this car!
By Gordon

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before I bought the car, I've heard a lot of horror stories about Jags, but after seeing so many positive JD Power reviews, I decided to buy the S-Type. I've always loved its elegant styling and the sexy lines, and I still think this is the best looking car out there. The S-Type has been extremely reliable, the signal light bult went out twice, but it's really no big deal, dealer took care of it for me (Got Certified used, 6 yr/100,000 mile warranty). The interior is very nice, the leather still looks and smell new. Although it's a bit harder because I do have the optional sports package. After driving the car for 6 months, I still get a big smile whenever I see the car!

Exterior styling, it's still the hottest looking car in the market. Navigation is extremly helpful, can't live without it. Lumbar support is a must have. Interior is in general very user friendly, got a lot of nice tech such as memory seats. Engiine and shifting is very smooth.

Cooling fan for the seats would be nice. Placement of navigation. Rears seats are not very spacious.

What a car
By Bill Weigold

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 6 weeks and if your looking for something different, then this is the car. I've been driving a Toyota Avalon and was looking to upgrade. But although the styles of the various cars were different from the outside, once I sat in them, it was just another Avalon - and the Avalon was a great car. This really moves down the highway and you need to be careful because at 80, you feel as if your no moving as the ride is so smooth. It's great on turns as if it was hugging the road and although I didn't rate the gas mileage very high, I've been getting around 21 to 22 miles per gallon. It's a great car if you want to be noticed.

The styling of the interior with the wood trim and the front of the car is all class. Some nice features include being able to open all your windows with the remote. The 240 HP not bad either

The wheel needs to be able to move up a little more or the seat on exit, needs to come down. More room in the trunk to accommodate a golf bag other than diagonally. All wheel or front wheel drive and the driver seat could be more comfortable.

A Love and Hate Relationship
By Imuniq

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I like this car because it's very stylish, but it's not very practical for daily use. The trunk is too small to be useful, and the gas tank is too small, especially for the hungry V8 engine (I have to fill up almost every 3 days!). It has been very reliable except the VERY fragile and low foglight lenses have been breaking every 6 months.

Styling, power/acceleration, cost/value

Make trunk wider so a golf bag can fit inside sideways instead of diagonally; make the trunk a little taller or deeper to fit more cargo; add someplace to put my sunglasses, etc that's more convenient than armrest compartment; tighten the turning radius; increase fuel tank capacity.

A Classic in Silver
By Bob Varney

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

After two years, our outstandingly beautiful silver S-Type remains in the same perfect condition as the day it was delivered to our home. (We still talk about that.) The car continues to turn heads and verbal compliments are common. All the reliability Ford promised to bring to Jaguar products appears to be present in our car. Drives and looks great!

The smooth effortless power of the normally aspirated V-8 and the car's combination of classic/modern good looks.

More exclusively Jaguar parts for the interior fittings would be a nice touch.