2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Great Car To Own
By VitoD13 on 06/05/09 15:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car, did my homework on it and it was well worth the purchase. I had to put some bucks in it because I purchased used private, but overall the car is awesome - I love it. Fun to drive and having Caddy's and BMW's and Benz, I really think this car holds up to them and I feel better driving it because the look is nice, the style stands out.

Not The 80's Jag Nightmare
By Nice Little Cat on 12/16/08 14:37 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car pre-owned for my fiance and despite my objections being a previous Jag owner (1995 XJ8) that was junk, the S-type seems to be a much needed improvement. Nicely laid out inside & out, runs well, but compared to my BMW 528i, the gas mileage on the Jag for a V6 is horrible. Handles well for such a heavy car and picks up nice on the highway. Currently has 85000 miles and looks brand new inside and out! Compliments have been incredible and common. Certainly a car for somebody looking for something different. I'm hoping the Ford influence pays off on this higher mileage Jag. Looks like we paid 3 times more then what we did, the neighbors are very jealous!

2002 S Type
By BLONDDIE66 on 05/02/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2002 in 2005 with 29K miles. This was my 3rd Jaguar over a 25 year driving history. The 2 previous Jaguars (XJ6) had been purchased in the late 80s/early 90s (used) were nightmares. I owned 3 SUVs after the XJ6s. My S Type has given me few problems. It needed a tune up (1 coil pack went bad) after 100K miles, a couple of cracked vacuum lines and a cracked radiator overflow tank. I love the car, but I drive it like I drove my SUVs and it takes it. You can't beat the interior luxury and the sylish exterior. I bought the Euro mesh grill on Ebay to update it. It's 6 years old now and people give me compliments about it all the time.

Love my Jag
By Lorna on 01/09/08 17:29 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love owning my Jaguar. Not only is it stylish to drive but it's also safe and comfortable to be in. Also, most drivers on the road are careful driving behind me and next to me because they would hate to pay for any damages incurred so that's a plus also.

Wonderful Car!! 2002 Best Year Yet!!
By katee314 on 03/02/07 15:18 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Jaguar for about 22 months. It has been excellent to drive and thrill to ride in. Interior should be a little more roomier in the rear. I love the memory seats and dual temperature settings. Not to mention the heated seats are wonderful. I do wish it had remote starting. I agree it is the best looking car I have seen. Even for the newer model cars for 2006/2007.

I love this car!
By Gordon on 08/08/05 01:08 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before I bought the car, I've heard a lot of horror stories about Jags, but after seeing so many positive JD Power reviews, I decided to buy the S-Type. I've always loved its elegant styling and the sexy lines, and I still think this is the best looking car out there. The S-Type has been extremely reliable, the signal light bult went out twice, but it's really no big deal, dealer took care of it for me (Got Certified used, 6 yr/100,000 mile warranty). The interior is very nice, the leather still looks and smell new. Although it's a bit harder because I do have the optional sports package. After driving the car for 6 months, I still get a big smile whenever I see the car!

What a car
By Bill Weigold on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 6 weeks and if your looking for something different, then this is the car. I've been driving a Toyota Avalon and was looking to upgrade. But although the styles of the various cars were different from the outside, once I sat in them, it was just another Avalon - and the Avalon was a great car. This really moves down the highway and you need to be careful because at 80, you feel as if your no moving as the ride is so smooth. It's great on turns as if it was hugging the road and although I didn't rate the gas mileage very high, I've been getting around 21 to 22 miles per gallon. It's a great car if you want to be noticed.

Very Pleased
By pdalon on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A real "eye-catcher" and thrill to drive. I've never owned an automobile that got more complements. I haven't owned this car long enough to rate mechanically, but I have had absolutely no problems. Highly recommend if you want something everyone else isn't driving.

My test of the 2002 Jaguar S model
By Jacques Brazeau on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased this vehicle in mid summer and it is not winter and I like every bit of it, so far. I have had a wee bit experience in snow but I have cured the problem, by adding weight in the trunk. Remember in snow,it is useally behind the wheel that counts.

I love my Jag!
By Dr Nev on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Granted, I have only owned 4 different auto styles, but I have driven countless others. My 2002 Jag S-Type (3.0 V6 sport) is the most fun car I have ever driven. I love the way it handles and despite the smoothness of the ride, I still can feel the road. My only complaint is that the same as everyone else's: Not enough interior storage space!