Used 2002 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar S-type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Great Car To Own
By VitoD13

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car, did my homework on it and it was well worth the purchase. I had to put some bucks in it because I purchased used private, but overall the car is awesome - I love it. Fun to drive and having Caddy's and BMW's and Benz, I really think this car holds up to them and I feel better driving it because the look is nice, the style stands out.

Favorite Features

Front Nose of car, seat that lets you out, sound system, handling once it's on the move .

Suggested Improvements

Pick up is slow, tranny is touchy have to wait till it kicks into gear, mileage to the gallon is poor for size and power of car.

Not The 80's Jag Nightmare
By Nice Little Cat

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car pre-owned for my fiance and despite my objections being a previous Jag owner (1995 XJ8) that was junk, the S-type seems to be a much needed improvement. Nicely laid out inside & out, runs well, but compared to my BMW 528i, the gas mileage on the Jag for a V6 is horrible. Handles well for such a heavy car and picks up nice on the highway. Currently has 85000 miles and looks brand new inside and out! Compliments have been incredible and common. Certainly a car for somebody looking for something different. I'm hoping the Ford influence pays off on this higher mileage Jag. Looks like we paid 3 times more then what we did, the neighbors are very jealous!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, interior options are great. Lots of gizmos and buttons. Dual climate control is very nice along with the auto headlights and wipers. The premium sounds really makes me smile too. I love the hood emblem and the big side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk, better gas mileage. Why can you open the windows with the remote, but you can't close them? An auto up/down window on the passenger side too. The horn stinks too. Disc changer in the glove box would be a nice touch. Maybe a back-up camera? Better quality headlight plastic or glass?

2002 S Type
By BLONDDIE66

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2002 in 2005 with 29K miles. This was my 3rd Jaguar over a 25 year driving history. The 2 previous Jaguars (XJ6) had been purchased in the late 80s/early 90s (used) were nightmares. I owned 3 SUVs after the XJ6s. My S Type has given me few problems. It needed a tune up (1 coil pack went bad) after 100K miles, a couple of cracked vacuum lines and a cracked radiator overflow tank. I love the car, but I drive it like I drove my SUVs and it takes it. You can't beat the interior luxury and the sylish exterior. I bought the Euro mesh grill on Ebay to update it. It's 6 years old now and people give me compliments about it all the time.

Favorite Features

Interior is very comfortable and the wood trim is classy. The rear seats flip down so I can load lumber and mouldings from the home improvement store.

Love my Jag
By Lorna

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love owning my Jaguar. Not only is it stylish to drive but it's also safe and comfortable to be in. Also, most drivers on the road are careful driving behind me and next to me because they would hate to pay for any damages incurred so that's a plus also.

Favorite Features

The lights and front grill of my car. The sleek body is also very appealing to me.

Suggested Improvements

More space in the backseat.

Wonderful Car!! 2002 Best Year Yet!!
By katee314

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Jaguar for about 22 months. It has been excellent to drive and thrill to ride in. Interior should be a little more roomier in the rear. I love the memory seats and dual temperature settings. Not to mention the heated seats are wonderful. I do wish it had remote starting. I agree it is the best looking car I have seen. Even for the newer model cars for 2006/2007.

Favorite Features

0-60 in 20 seconds is great on the road or highway to get away from traffic. I have to be careful because at 80 mph you can't feel it.

Suggested Improvements

Cooling seats would be great, as well as a remote starter, and a more sensitive car alarm.