2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Great Car To Own
By VitoD13 on 06/05/09 15:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car, did my homework on it and it was well worth the purchase. I had to put some bucks in it because I purchased used private, but overall the car is awesome - I love it. Fun to drive and having Caddy's and BMW's and Benz, I really think this car holds up to them and I feel better driving it because the look is nice, the style stands out.

I love my Jag
By Love my Jag on 06/05/09 03:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my used Jag with 40000 miles in April 2009. Since then a few minor repairs, nothing crazy, but the ride and the looks are all worth it. Hitting 80 mph is too easy - watch out for the police because I have been at 105mph several times, turning heads is easy with this car.

Not The 80's Jag Nightmare
By Nice Little Cat on 12/16/08 14:37 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car pre-owned for my fiance and despite my objections being a previous Jag owner (1995 XJ8) that was junk, the S-type seems to be a much needed improvement. Nicely laid out inside & out, runs well, but compared to my BMW 528i, the gas mileage on the Jag for a V6 is horrible. Handles well for such a heavy car and picks up nice on the highway. Currently has 85000 miles and looks brand new inside and out! Compliments have been incredible and common. Certainly a car for somebody looking for something different. I'm hoping the Ford influence pays off on this higher mileage Jag. Looks like we paid 3 times more then what we did, the neighbors are very jealous!

Great Automobile!
By mjmcdaniel on 09/16/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I am thinking of buying a new car, however, I hate to give this one up! It has been one of the best cars that I have ever owned. I have had absolutely no trouble with it at all. I have kept it serviced and have never had to have any repair work done.

Love it! Tons of fun!!
By Jag Man on 06/01/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have the 4.0L and it is awesome. It has a beautiful black interior and a captivating silver exterior. It turns heads everywhere and people think we are rich. With the right gas it gets 28 mpg with its nearly 300 hp. The quality is incredible and it feels like an extension of your body.

2002 S Type
By BLONDDIE66 on 05/02/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2002 in 2005 with 29K miles. This was my 3rd Jaguar over a 25 year driving history. The 2 previous Jaguars (XJ6) had been purchased in the late 80s/early 90s (used) were nightmares. I owned 3 SUVs after the XJ6s. My S Type has given me few problems. It needed a tune up (1 coil pack went bad) after 100K miles, a couple of cracked vacuum lines and a cracked radiator overflow tank. I love the car, but I drive it like I drove my SUVs and it takes it. You can't beat the interior luxury and the sylish exterior. I bought the Euro mesh grill on Ebay to update it. It's 6 years old now and people give me compliments about it all the time.

Love my Jag
By Lorna on 01/09/08 17:29 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love owning my Jaguar. Not only is it stylish to drive but it's also safe and comfortable to be in. Also, most drivers on the road are careful driving behind me and next to me because they would hate to pay for any damages incurred so that's a plus also.

2002 S-Type 4.0
By Jim on 06/29/07 13:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Very fun car to drive. Limited interior space. It has been a very reliable car with over 75,000 miles since new the only maintenance has been regular service a new battery and 1 ignition coil (covered under warranty).

4.0 S-Type Sport
By jag man on 04/15/07 07:16 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

The best car I have ever owned.. Prestige and sportiness in one package. The interior leather has held up excellent. Paint, fit and finish are superb. I receive comments all the time about this Jag. Only complaint is the smallish trunk and soft brakes. The car has been very reliable. Had valve cover leaking, covered under warranty. The car is very fast, smooth, drives like a bimmer in sport mode. Sure to be a classic.

Wonderful Car!! 2002 Best Year Yet!!
By katee314 on 03/02/07 15:18 PM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Jaguar for about 22 months. It has been excellent to drive and thrill to ride in. Interior should be a little more roomier in the rear. I love the memory seats and dual temperature settings. Not to mention the heated seats are wonderful. I do wish it had remote starting. I agree it is the best looking car I have seen. Even for the newer model cars for 2006/2007.