Used 2002 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

2002 Jaguar S-Type

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Great Car To Own
By VitoD13

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car, did my homework on it and it was well worth the purchase. I had to put some bucks in it because I purchased used private, but overall the car is awesome - I love it. Fun to drive and having Caddy's and BMW's and Benz, I really think this car holds up to them and I feel better driving it because the look is nice, the style stands out.

Front Nose of car, seat that lets you out, sound system, handling once it's on the move .

Pick up is slow, tranny is touchy have to wait till it kicks into gear, mileage to the gallon is poor for size and power of car.

I love my Jag
By Love my Jag

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my used Jag with 40000 miles in April 2009. Since then a few minor repairs, nothing crazy, but the ride and the looks are all worth it. Hitting 80 mph is too easy - watch out for the police because I have been at 105mph several times, turning heads is easy with this car.

Sound system, body, the cat on the hood, the classy feel.

Nothing worth talking about.

Not The 80's Jag Nightmare
By Nice Little Cat

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car pre-owned for my fiance and despite my objections being a previous Jag owner (1995 XJ8) that was junk, the S-type seems to be a much needed improvement. Nicely laid out inside & out, runs well, but compared to my BMW 528i, the gas mileage on the Jag for a V6 is horrible. Handles well for such a heavy car and picks up nice on the highway. Currently has 85000 miles and looks brand new inside and out! Compliments have been incredible and common. Certainly a car for somebody looking for something different. I'm hoping the Ford influence pays off on this higher mileage Jag. Looks like we paid 3 times more then what we did, the neighbors are very jealous!

Exterior styling, interior options are great. Lots of gizmos and buttons. Dual climate control is very nice along with the auto headlights and wipers. The premium sounds really makes me smile too. I love the hood emblem and the big side mirrors.

Larger trunk, better gas mileage. Why can you open the windows with the remote, but you can't close them? An auto up/down window on the passenger side too. The horn stinks too. Disc changer in the glove box would be a nice touch. Maybe a back-up camera? Better quality headlight plastic or glass?

Great Automobile!
By mjmcdaniel

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I am thinking of buying a new car, however, I hate to give this one up! It has been one of the best cars that I have ever owned. I have had absolutely no trouble with it at all. I have kept it serviced and have never had to have any repair work done.

Good looking, sporty, and completely reliable!

XM radio would be a plus!

Love it! Tons of fun!!
By Jag Man

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have the 4.0L and it is awesome. It has a beautiful black interior and a captivating silver exterior. It turns heads everywhere and people think we are rich. With the right gas it gets 28 mpg with its nearly 300 hp. The quality is incredible and it feels like an extension of your body.

The handling is awesome. It slides like a champ around tight corners too.

None