Used 2001 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jaguar S-type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

PUMA!!!!
By mac210boy

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I Love the wat the car drives and handles! I bought it with 83,000 miles on it and added 13,000 so far. I have not had any problems with PUMA except for a power stering leak! It is a great buy for me. I'm 6'0" and have no problem with the space on the inside!

Favorite Features

Exterior!

Suggested Improvements

suspention

Nothing But Trouble
By DONT GET IT

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I feel sick just thinking about my cat, I've had nothing but trouble ever since I got it. The first month I got it I had to get the transmission fixed and now the car goes off when i get a red light. I like the leather seats and how the car looks inside and out. Don't get this car if you want a good everyday car.

Favorite Features

The interior and the front

Suggested Improvements

ENGINE

My Kitty Purrs
By Onthefly

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used with low mileage...perfect..Now has 66,000 mostly highway miles on it...Total bliss..It's my second Jag..First was '94 XJ6 and was so in love with that one that I didn't trade it til 125k and everything under the hood leaking and car locking itself without ptompting!..SO, this little one had big shoes to fill....It did..In fact, I like its easier handling due to its smaller size, and its highway performance has not suffered..I still get away from those big trucks when I need to and the hooks are great on these Jags...Just had its first repair...back passenger window fell off the track ..I always do the maintenance at the dealership.LUVIT!

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride during my frequent roadtrips...Smooth, quiet ride...But careful..Use the cruise control...Easy to do 80 without a second thought...Cops will notice that..One noticed me..Luxury appearance and retro styling...Find people admiring it and telling me so as I park it here and there...

Suggested Improvements

well, burning regular gas and better mileage ( altho I get about 23 mph already) would be nice but then, it is a high performance engine and I like that,too!

Ready Set Go!!
By 1..2..3.. GO

2001 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelivable. I've owned this vehicle for 7 years now and have never given it credit to write a much deserved review. Going on 46,000 miles this car remains in my personal showroom. But when it's pulled out on weekends you better believe it delivers. I just can't get rid of it! Always sporty and a pleasure to drive, not quite a thrill as my E500 or Lexus GS 430 but still is a number one contender in the luxury midsize division. For a seven year old car it still turns heads and has always caught the eye of any common bystander in any parking lot.

Favorite Features

Teloscoping. Sound system. Navigation system. Reverse parking sensors.

Suggested Improvements

These improvements have already been revised in the later S-Types but if I could I would definately up the size of the navigation system.

S Type, 3.0
By JP

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a retro of the 1957 Mk1 Jag saloon I purchased years back. Very comfortable and enjoyable to drive and ride in. Great road car. Has enough power to get out of tight spots. I have it serviced regularly and it is reliable. Keep good tires on it for a smoother and quiet ride.

Favorite Features

Looks, style, comfortable to drive and ride in. Jaguar green/British racing green can't be beat. Easy to listen to sound system.

Suggested Improvements

AM radio reception is poor and can not get it fixed. Rear seat leg room and small trunk. CD deck in trunk does not allow sliding in your favorite CD when on the road. Adjustments to audio system are a bit of a chore.