2001 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
PUMA!!!!
By mac210boy on 03/10/11 14:33 PM (PST)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I Love the wat the car drives and handles! I bought it with 83,000 miles on it and added 13,000 so far. I have not had any problems with PUMA except for a power stering leak! It is a great buy for me. I'm 6'0" and have no problem with the space on the inside!

Nothing But Trouble
By DONT GET IT on 10/07/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I feel sick just thinking about my cat, I've had nothing but trouble ever since I got it. The first month I got it I had to get the transmission fixed and now the car goes off when i get a red light. I like the leather seats and how the car looks inside and out. Don't get this car if you want a good everyday car.

My Kitty Purrs
By Onthefly on 07/31/08 15:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used with low mileage...perfect..Now has 66,000 mostly highway miles on it...Total bliss..It's my second Jag..First was '94 XJ6 and was so in love with that one that I didn't trade it til 125k and everything under the hood leaking and car locking itself without ptompting!..SO, this little one had big shoes to fill....It did..In fact, I like its easier handling due to its smaller size, and its highway performance has not suffered..I still get away from those big trucks when I need to and the hooks are great on these Jags...Just had its first repair...back passenger window fell off the track ..I always do the maintenance at the dealership.LUVIT!

Ready Set Go!!
By 1..2..3.. GO on 01/02/08 06:10 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelivable. I've owned this vehicle for 7 years now and have never given it credit to write a much deserved review. Going on 46,000 miles this car remains in my personal showroom. But when it's pulled out on weekends you better believe it delivers. I just can't get rid of it! Always sporty and a pleasure to drive, not quite a thrill as my E500 or Lexus GS 430 but still is a number one contender in the luxury midsize division. For a seven year old car it still turns heads and has always caught the eye of any common bystander in any parking lot.

S Type, 3.0
By JP on 09/17/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a retro of the 1957 Mk1 Jag saloon I purchased years back. Very comfortable and enjoyable to drive and ride in. Great road car. Has enough power to get out of tight spots. I have it serviced regularly and it is reliable. Keep good tires on it for a smoother and quiet ride.

The Red Kitty Cat
By Albert on 02/19/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Found this car in my local newspaper of all places. With about 55K miles on it and perfect condition. Lost the right front wheel bearing about 1 month after purchase. 56K miles and the right front window regulator at about 63k. I have taken the car on two trips from Cincinnati, one to DC and the other to the Outer Banks and both trips were pure fun. The current tires are useless in snow or ice and I park the cat when the freezy skid stuff falls.

S-Type Review
By 01JagSType on 04/29/06 20:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Jaguar S-Type has treated me well the past 5 years I have owned it. However, minor technical problems do come up now and then. It's a good idea to get the extended warranty after end. Acceleration is not on par with MB, but handling is superb. The styling is more appealing than most. Interior quality is excellent, and even better with the 03 Revised models. The 19/24 fuel economy is just average. The car definately is a head turner, but it is quickly silenced with electrical headaches. I do suggest this car as long as it is an 03 or newer model. I plan to try trade it in for jaguars new XK. Overall, this car has met my demands and I can reccomend it.

My Jaguar
By Jack Lynn on 03/22/06 06:04 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is well designed and I consider it a luxury car. It responds very favorably during automatic shifting of gears and handling ability. The vehicle is very accessible and provides excellent comfort. It has a very smooth ride.

Very Disappointed
By HT on 03/11/06 08:40 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

We had hoped that Jaguar had improved its reliability, but apparently not. We bought our S-type with 36,000 miles, and within two months the transmission went out (Jaguar said it needed to be replaced with a rebuilt for $7K; we had it fixed elsewhere for $3.8K, but still, ouch). The windshield washer pump also failed ($500), a rattle in the dash has cropped up, the AM radio can't hold a station (how hard is it to make an AM radio work?), and there is an intermittent warning light just comes on and off randomly. We love the way this car handles and looks, but can't wait to get rid of it.

I love this CAT
By Adam on 07/27/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my 2000 S-Type 4.0 to get an '01 3.0. Boy am I happy I did. The '00 leaked and had many little things break (the drawer in the dash, window regulator). The '01 feels for solid and is much more quiet. It's smooth and so good looking as well as 7 mpg better on gas. I miss the power and the growl from the V8, but I feel much better in this one. The only thing I have a problem with is it's inability to not fish tail when taking turns in the rain, no matter the speed I am going. Here in Florida, the roads get slick. I have never had this problem with a Lexus, that's why I am a little shocked. I LOVE this car, I love the style, I love everything. And it's cheap to buy used.