Worst car I ever owned!!!
By jimjr11 on
2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan
I bought my 2000 S-Type 4.0 new and have spent a fortune on it and had many days in the shop while still warranted as well. Don't believer I ever got out fr less than $800. I can count on one hand how many people have ever sat in the back seat, that window never is used, yet I'm on my fourth window raising device. The car leaks and three trips to the shop they can't find the source carpet If the car stalls right after starting, it will never start again, have had it towed four times. Ball joints gone at 70k, trunk has leaked since it was new. the gas release has stopped three times, the mirrors don't adjust and there's a rattle in the center of the dash they can't find a solution for.
Favorite Features
Goes fast, whenever it decides to go
Suggested Improvements
Don't make any more jags, they're always at the bottom of the ratings
By jaguar2000
on 08/01/12 17:39 PM (PDT)

I had some of the same issues you had. I had to rebuild the transmission at 87,000 miles. I got the car at 22,000 and i took good care of the car. The elecrtical system went $5500 to fix. There was a leak in the trunk that caused this. Now the car has 132,000 surprised it made it this far, now the tranny is skipping again. Other fixes i cant even remember, all i know is, if you have to put the car in the shop more than you can remeber, it's time for it to go.