2000 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Review: A Beautiful piece of crap!

2000 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Review

3.0 Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

A Beautiful piece of crap!
By vballer1 on

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with 90,000 miles on it as a back up vehicle, but simply fell in love with it. It rides so smooth that we ended up driving it more and more, unfortunately it has too many issues; the transmission being the main one. Also the fail safe engine mode light comes on once a month, it seems like and it's always a $400-500 repair. You have to get it fixed b/c if you don't your car can shut down and just go 15 mph; not something you want to happen when you are on the interstate. Beautiful vehicle, but too much of a headache!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, I get complements all the time about how nice the vehicle looks, too bad it's so unreliable

Suggested Improvements

Better Quality! Expensive does not equal quality! All repairs for this vehicle are expensive and it seems like they all constantly have to be redone.
By jaguar2000
on 08/01/12 17:54 PM (PDT)

The failsafe engine light came on when I was driving in Queens NY and the car shut off. It would turn on again just to shut off when you give the car gas. It cost me over $1,000 to fix. Worst investment of my life.