Used 2000 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

s-type
By Jim Masterson

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

Great car to drive. Handles well except on snowy roads. Fuel mileage not great. Inside configuration is well designed. Excellent pick-up.

exterior looks

cd player should be standard

S Series is a big disappointment
By JMcRey

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

While a great looking and driving car, the quality and reliability (=maintenance expense) for this $50,000+ luxury car is bitterly disappointing. Ownership costs for maintenance alone exceeds $2000 per year - from basic manufacturing defects. Ford does not stand behind this product. Consequently, I've purchased my last Ford product.

Appearance, roadability.

Build a reliable car. Window falls out of track; cooling system fails; $1400 to repair a defective tail light; $1300 to replace valve cover gasket and repair coil damage; etc etc. Show some respect for customer loyalty.

Cal's Review
By cal195

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

Great car! This car is awesome to drive and tons of fun. It has a terrific body style. The only problem I have had is getting it out of park at times, and if it sits on even the slightest incline, it becomes very difficult to get out of park. I have been told this is a common problem with this model.

Driving. This car has awesome handling and takes curves with ease, and the body does not lean around curves. I also love the ability to roll down the windows and sunroof with the key remote.

See above regarding gear shift. I also was told the radio and other features were user friendly, but this was a joke...it is the least user friendly of any car I have ever owned.

Classy Car
By Maritess Bernardino

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

I enjoy driving my car everywhere and the style is so classy and elegant. I couldn't ask for a better performance car and very comfortable not to mention that it is fun to drive no matter what day. I intent to keep my car for a long time and who knows it might become a collectors car in the future.

Everything especially my navigator and low maintenance for upkeep. I own this car since 2000 when I bought it new and the only expense is for regular check- up for maintenance.

I'm extremely satisfied with my car and I can't think of anything for improvement. Jaguar Corp.....keep up the good work and your customer service is wonderful.

Drive it with care as a quality product
By Stanley M

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

My first two tanks of gas, city 19.4, highway 26.Very enjoyable.Window fell out, dealer repairing at no charge.Was surprised but not dismayed. Noticed from other reviews same problem with window falling out.Mileage predicated on driving sensible.Quality of fit and finish excellent. Positive steering. Engine checked out with flying colors with my mechanic on electronic equipment.Felt that if properly maintained should have long life.My mechanic severly critical out manner most people maintain vehicles. Have always been nut at maintainence. Will do same here.Eyecatching and distinctive. Trunk needs to be a little larger.Limited space for luggage (wife!)

Seats very comfortable. Positive steering, great acceleration, air conditioning better than my other cars. Very smooth ride. Rather cushy rather than sporty. Truly a distinctive auto.

Put windows in with stronger channels! Needs larger trunk.