2000 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews 4

2000 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
S Series is a big disappointment
By JMcRey on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

While a great looking and driving car, the quality and reliability (=maintenance expense) for this $50,000+ luxury car is bitterly disappointing. Ownership costs for maintenance alone exceeds $2000 per year - from basic manufacturing defects. Ford does not stand behind this product. Consequently, I've purchased my last Ford product.

Cal's Review
By cal195 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

Great car! This car is awesome to drive and tons of fun. It has a terrific body style. The only problem I have had is getting it out of park at times, and if it sits on even the slightest incline, it becomes very difficult to get out of park. I have been told this is a common problem with this model.

Classy Car
By Maritess Bernardino on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

I enjoy driving my car everywhere and the style is so classy and elegant. I couldn't ask for a better performance car and very comfortable not to mention that it is fun to drive no matter what day. I intent to keep my car for a long time and who knows it might become a collectors car in the future.

Drive it with care as a quality product
By Stanley M on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

My first two tanks of gas, city 19.4, highway 26.Very enjoyable.Window fell out, dealer repairing at no charge.Was surprised but not dismayed. Noticed from other reviews same problem with window falling out.Mileage predicated on driving sensible.Quality of fit and finish excellent. Positive steering. Engine checked out with flying colors with my mechanic on electronic equipment.Felt that if properly maintained should have long life.My mechanic severly critical out manner most people maintain vehicles. Have always been nut at maintainence. Will do same here.Eyecatching and distinctive. Trunk needs to be a little larger.Limited space for luggage (wife!)

My rainy day car
By Digby on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2000-S with 24,000 miles from Budget. I figured that a car with a supposedly poor reputation would have been driven less than say a Ford Victoria.I had it appraised by a Jag dealer and there were assorted minor faults. Budget paid for the repairs totaling about $400. From reviews, I always use the brake pedal or the parking brake before moving from park to drive. So far, no problems, a delight to drive, seafoam color (a rare one). Mileage is poor, but with a car like this why complain. When I want to be pampered, it's the S type. Listening to the beat of the car is so important for any car. Do this with the Jag and it will serve you well.

Looks great; pity about the mechanics
By Dr B on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

Love the outside, pity about the workmanship. Yes the interior doesn't hold much room, but I didn't buy it for that. Unfortunately just after the warantee finished both front windows fell off their levers costing and arm and a leg to fix. The moulding on the front of the car also came away.

ccjag
By CCjag on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

great car fun to drive

Buyers Beware
By adsharp22 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

While this is a beautiful looking vehicle, don't be fooled into buying or leasing for that matter. From day 1 we have encountered issues with electronical, steering, window motor, transmission, radiator, the battery and the list goes on. From driving down the freeway and having your trunk fly open to not being able to start the car on soo many occassions. What good is a beautiful looking vehicle if you can't trust what's under the hood?

Massive value in luxury sedan segment
By Tranpark on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

Awesome blend of styling, quality, features, performance, luxury, comfort, and reliability. Jaguar's somewhat tainted track record of years past is no more; product quality and reliability has improved drastically since the buyout by Ford.

2000 S Type
By bkalin on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

The console storage is small, there are too many squeeks and rattles for a car of this price, and the rear window motor gave out with less than 20,000 miles. The car handling is excellent for a vehicle of this size, acceleration is quick and with the upgraded tires wet weather handling is very firm. I was hit on the passenger side by a Ford F350 duel wheel pick-up with very little impact into the passenger compartment. The car is very sturdy. No passenger injuries at all. Unfortunately, it cost $8000. to repair my car, and took over a month to get the parts. I still consider this a great car for the price!