Used 2000 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

2000 Jaguar S-Type

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Love my Jag!
By Linda

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Jag S-Type in 2008 with only 30,000 original miles. It now has 57K but has had some AC/Heater problems fortunately covered by the extended warranty which cost close to 4,300 to repair. The sensor in the gas tank seems to cause the Check Engine light to come on and off when the tank is full or empty. So I live with that knowing that there is a sensitive problem with the CE light and gas tank. The car is a real eye catcher and the ride is so smooth. I love the way the car seems to hug you too. My only concern is that I have left my car and come back and found my windows down and sunroof open. My husband believes me now since it happened to him also. Weird. I still love my Jag!

The leather interior and burl woodgrain is very nice feature. Love the looks and the looks I get driving it.

Find out why the windows and sunroof have a mind of its own. Hoping it doesn't rain next time they go down by themselves. Sensor in gas tank to be less sensitive also.

Love it - Hate it - Don't buy it!
By Karl in Florida

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

I fell in love with the lines and appearance of the S-Type when they first came out, so I bought a used one several years ago with less than 40k miles on it. That's where the love affair ended. This car (as are most S-Types) quickly became a mechanical nightmare (and I take care of my cars and am an easy driver). With less than 12k miles on it, I had issues with the brakes, coolant leak, gasket leak, radiator leak, failed headlights, issues with front brakes, failed cig lighter, failed O2Sensor, failed catalyst...the list never stops. Jag quality was bad, but Ford didn't help!

In spite of the mounting mechanical issues, I love the look of the car. It still catches eyes and comments... if they only knew how expensive it was to keep on the road, they'd look the other way. Also, I can't complain about the mileage (when the engine runs that is). I get 30 mpg highway.

Improved quality would have been nice. This could have been a benchmark car for Jaguar, but they blew it.

Timeless design, is aging well
By jkirk

2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 4dr Sedan

The classic S Jag still elicits "it's gorgeous" comments. Looks aside, car performs on par with today's peers...powerful, quiet, and with excellent road manners. The Jag (knock on wood...and there is plenty to knock on) has been reliable with only one issue (radio went out).

Exterior design, soft yet supportive seats, relaxing highway experience.

Discontinued...modern classic car.

Terrible Car
By Hulloimadam

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

We bought this car a while ago for around 56K... We sold it for 12k. The worst car every owned by far. Don't get me wrong it's beautiful but other than that it stinks. We now have a mercedes s class that's 837264517635 times better than this car. Let's face it... THE BRITISH CANNOT MAKE CARS!!! Oh! and we had a whopping five trannys in it and it spews blue smoke!!!

Looks

Pretty much everything. I'm SO glad they took this car and replaced it with the XF.

A Beautiful Piece of Crudd...
By Doug

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan

I purchased this 2000 S type 3.0 several years ago with less than 40K miles on it. It's an absolutely beautiful car and I still get compliments from strangers. IF they only knew what sort of NIGHTMARE this car is mechanically. From cheap front headlights, to constant leaks, continued engine trouble, poor brakes and constant repair bills. I'm looking to dump this car as soon as it makes sense monetarily. DO NOT buy a 2000 Jag S Type from any dealer. At first, you'll love you car ... but eventually you'll regret the day you drove it off the lot.

Comfortable seats, beautiful dash, center arm rest, multi-CD changer in glove box, comfortable ride, handles well on corners, eye catching design.

Extremely poor mechanical quality, poor quality seals and hoses from factory, faulty headlight adjustments, electrical issues abound.