2014 Jaguar F-TYPE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jaguar F-type - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE

View reviews for a specific F-TYPE model:

WOW!!!!!!
By ronpj44

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

When referring to the F Type S V8, SLEEK and STYLISH are understatements. Sitting into the drivers seat, is as finger in a glove. Contoured to my form and necessary when you push hard on the accelerator. 'G' forces exist, and you know it. Throatiness of the exhaust, with or without the 'ACTIVE' button, is ear appealing and just plain 'SEXY'. All dash controls, easily readable and steering wheel controls facilitate fast human responses when this machine LEAPS and that it does. I am enjoying the ride by the minute. Thank you JAGUAR.

Favorite Features

Active exhaust Power of the engine Cornering control, so smooth Sleek lines of the fenders, hood, rear Parking sensors, and active sensing of other vehicles near side lanes...

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk space with simple configuration...a rectangle of empty volume would be nice.

incredible power, handling, styling and sounds
By hgoldstein

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

Best sports car I've driven. Tested 911S, Maserati, BMW and nothing is as much fun or excitement. Best looking, freshest and most exhilarating.

Favorite Features

Power, style, sounds and excitement

Suggested Improvements

More space

This is the second modern Jag I owned, last one 2010 XKR convertible
By rting1

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

Not sure why people will buy V6, unless it's the money issue. V8 has way more power & better sound. A absolute head rush. Unless if you track all the time, otherwise no point to have V6. But again, if you track all the time, you probably should buy a 911. Many people buy Porsche said Porsche is a better performance car but never take the car to track. For me, a sports car is all about style, sound, power and being unique. This is my 2nd Jag, last one was a 2010 XKR convertible. I didn't have any reliability issue at all, don't expect on this one. However, I did have horrible reliability & built quality experiences with Porsche & Mercedes SL55. Jag is the only company that I bought 2 cars.

Favorite Features

Looks & crazy sound(specially the exhaust back fire), no body else have it, hardly see it on the street

Suggested Improvements

1. Needs more leg room 2. Need better wind buffering, hot air scarf will be nice so my wife won't complaint 3. Need surround camera to help parking, for some reason, the shape of the car make it really hard to park. 4. Need a front suspension push button lift to go through driveway & parking structure, I scrapped the front air dam more in the first week of owning the car than my whole life combine previously 5. need collision warning system & adaptive cruise control, like a proper expansive car should be.

F-Type V8S
By walterr5

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

Just took delivery of F-Type V8S. BRG exterior and Red Interior. Beautiful looks Beautiful engine noise and great fun to drive. Wish I could post my picture here to show off. The car is a bit small for me but, I am very tall. Seats are comfortable and supportive, handling seems very tight. but it is a very small car. Rear view is extremely limited but it is a convertible. Still too early to say too much but, I am already scared of the car's performance.

Favorite Features

The Noise it makes is just unmatched by anything on the market except maybe the most exotic cars. Handling closely matched to my previous BMWs. Acceleration, although, I have not pushed it hard enough, it is promising already at half throttle.

Suggested Improvements

First day, I had a warning light come on with a message. Scared by myth of bad reputation of reliability at the instant. But turned out, it was just a fuel cap loose message. But, Reliability is still an issue with Jags, although it is known to have improved after takeover by the TATA group. The price seems exotic for what is just a sports convertible.

Save your money, get the base
By naplestopless

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

After driving the base, V6 S and the V8 S, I leased the base V6. I felt that it actually drove better than the other two for much less money. For some reason the base Trans seems to shift better than the two higher models. While waiting for my base, I was given a V8 to drive, while very fast, it just wasn't as much fun as the base.

Favorite Features

My car has the vision package and I LOVE the blind spot radar and the backup radar. The backup radar has already save me three times from backing up into on coming traffic. Also the auto high beams is something that sound like a waste but works well and is nice to have.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the Dynamic Volume Control worked better, it is not bad but just doesn't adjust the radio volume as my last car. I also would like voice activated nav and radio as many cars in this price range have.