Served me well
By isuztroop7 on
2002 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)
I've always wanted a Trooper more than anything and finally purchased a used one after Isuzu ended its production. It's been 3 and half years and it's time to move on to a new love. She always made me want drive friends to places and parties. Never let me down on muddy trails, sandy Virginia beaches or snowy Connecticut highways. Always felt safely in control. The stock sport 4WD model came with lots of options but not as many as the LS or Limited. I'll never forget that outstanding truck.
Favorite Features
Original and uncopied design. CD changer. Dependable 4x4 drivetrain. Great traction in all of the elements. Easy to maintenance for the mechanically inclined. Disc brakes all around. Rear hatch mounted spare tire. No major mechanical problems. Rare enough to intrigue true SUV connoisseurs.
Suggested Improvements
Considering Isuzu has dicontinued the Trooper along with several other great SUVs, I can only plead that automakers not phase out the style of boxy 4x4s with the spare tire mounted on the rear hatch. Even though that is currently occurring with the crossover craze.