Used 2001 Isuzu Trooper S Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

2001 Isuzu Trooper

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:

Very Happy
By Tam

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I unfortunately, had to lease my 2001 Isuzu Trooper but I can say that as of today I've enjoyed having it. I have always wanted an SUV but didn't want to have one leased to me but all in all I am enjoying my truck, well it'll be my truck the end of next year, ha! I had a little transmission problems after I got that fixed I ran into a small minor problem, mechanical; but after all that my truck has been driving really good. I get a little concerned with how quiet it was opposed to now it's a little loud but not too loud. So I assume that's minor as well. I love the sunroof, it shows off the black exterior and the tan interior of the truck. I look sexy in my truck. But love my truck, love it.

The fact that the exterior is black and the interior is tan. The heated seats in the winter work very well and the height of the truck itself.

A Real Sport Utility Vehicle
By allblk

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Truck is great, rides very good, 4WD system is top notch.

4WD system, auto climate controls and the mobility of the seats to make more room.

Gas mileage is pretty bad but that's only one problem. I still love my trooper.

Best vehicle ever made
By aztrooper01

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted an Isuzu Trooper for as long as I can remember. I have looked very hard and came across a 2001 S/4WD with an automatic transmission for only $5299. I called the dealer right away and drove down there to pick it up. It had everything I wanted and needed. I have driven it over a thousand miles since I bought it last week and it runs great. Smooth acceleration, stops, ride and turns. Not as top heavy as people say. The only thing I have done to it was put in a sound system as the stock one didn't have a cd player or subs. There is a slight problem with the transmission but will only cost between $400-$600 to fix. The front pump seal is bad. But can wait to fix it.

Torque on Demand. The 4WD system works seamlessly. I use the 4 high and 4 low. Use the shift on the fly at the beach and when roads are wet all the time for traction and fun. It's cool watching the lights light up for the tires. Use the 4 low on the steep inclines of the drainage ditch for fun.

Need to bring the bloody thing back. This is by far the best suv ever built. The Range Rover, Land Rover, Hummer and the Mercedes G-wagon were its only competitors, but couldn't match it for the price.

I Love my Trooper
By paul medolo

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Simply the best all around vehicle we have ever owned! Isuzu should bring them back into production

Reliabilty

MPG economy

Trooper
By GeorgeV

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Good, reliable track, nice image, a lot
of cargo space. Price. Did not have any