2001 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:
Very Happy
By Tam on 05/07/09 08:19 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I unfortunately, had to lease my 2001 Isuzu Trooper but I can say that as of today I've enjoyed having it. I have always wanted an SUV but didn't want to have one leased to me but all in all I am enjoying my truck, well it'll be my truck the end of next year, ha! I had a little transmission problems after I got that fixed I ran into a small minor problem, mechanical; but after all that my truck has been driving really good. I get a little concerned with how quiet it was opposed to now it's a little loud but not too loud. So I assume that's minor as well. I love the sunroof, it shows off the black exterior and the tan interior of the truck. I look sexy in my truck. But love my truck, love it.

A Real Sport Utility Vehicle
By allblk on 08/12/07 10:25 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Truck is great, rides very good, 4WD system is top notch.

Best vehicle ever made
By aztrooper01 on 11/14/06 14:10 PM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted an Isuzu Trooper for as long as I can remember. I have looked very hard and came across a 2001 S/4WD with an automatic transmission for only $5299. I called the dealer right away and drove down there to pick it up. It had everything I wanted and needed. I have driven it over a thousand miles since I bought it last week and it runs great. Smooth acceleration, stops, ride and turns. Not as top heavy as people say. The only thing I have done to it was put in a sound system as the stock one didn't have a cd player or subs. There is a slight problem with the transmission but will only cost between $400-$600 to fix. The front pump seal is bad. But can wait to fix it.

I Love my Trooper
By paul medolo on 03/19/05 20:46 PM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Simply the best all around vehicle we have ever owned! Isuzu should bring them back into production

Trooper
By GeorgeV on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Good, reliable track, nice image, a lot of cargo space. Price. Did not have any problem.

Great Truck, Not Great Dealer
By Mass01532 on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a solid, good looking truck, feels very safe esp. in bad weather. Got a $32K truck for $21K. Lots of room, great sound system, great ride. Interior bits (carpet) could be better quality. Exterior paint chips kind of easily. The dealer service is really poor. Every single trip made to troubleshoot an issue required a second trip back since they didn't have a part.

2001 Trooper
By Rich1--1--1 on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

The trooper has yet to let me down. To bad I can't say that about Isuzu Customer Service and Getting Warranty Work Done. The local dealership, I live in Northeastern Pa, cancelled my appointment for warranty work twice but failed to call me to let me know, I needed a tie rod end.If you call the number for customer support in your vehicle manual they can't and won't help, and there isn't a another dealership within an hours drive.

Great Vehicle - Great Price
By Mshu on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great vehicle for the price, the trooper is misunderstood. If you want a lot of vehicle for the money take advantage of the opportunity. Plus has one of the best warranties out there, and is a Japanese built product.

Reliable SUV
By swthuney3 on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

The trooper has been reliable and easy to drive.

best in class
By xman on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

big and classy, very comfortable ride,great warranty, would buy another one if they still make it.