Used 2001 Isuzu Trooper Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

2001 Isuzu Trooper

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:

Solid Truck
By Bill

2001 Isuzu Trooper Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is comfortable and fun in one vehicle. I can drive it in a sand pit and the highway. The reliability is amazing. The interior is spacious and comfortable.

Favorite Features

RELIABILITY. Fun.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, 3rd row seat standard. Make new ones available in the United States.

Great SUV
By Hazel

2001 Isuzu Trooper Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Quality and reliability all in one great package. This is the 3rd Isuzu Trooper I have owned. Put over 240,000 miles on each of the first two without any problems. This car is wonderfully well designed and thoughtfully engineered. Truly built with all necessary comfort features and designed for off road traveling as well. I know I won't have to worry about unexpected mechanical problems for a long, long time.

Favorite Features

Push button 4-wheel drive, heated mirrors, road clearance and skid plates, having a 4-Low, driving view, off road manners.

Suggested Improvements

Why is it that they couldn't have cut some of the weight to boost fuel economy? Not a big fan of leather seats - would prefer cloth as an option on the Limited model.

Trooper Trooper
By Troop

2001 Isuzu Trooper Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is an awesome car. I love the way it looks and the way it drives. It drives great! The interior is very nice. Leather, cd, wood, sunroof. I have had no problems. Great for long distance traveling. Comfortable seats. I highly recommed it!

Favorite Features

Body style, interior, and driving ability

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Very Satified Owner
By Mary Brandenburg

2001 Isuzu Trooper Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle approx. 14 mos ago based upon the outstanding rebate and need for new vehicle. I was not totally sold on it when I sought it, but I purchased the Limited model which had all of the options I was wanting. I'm liking it more and more and have been very satisfied with the overall performance. It doesn't get fantastic gas mileage but I have not had a single problem with it.

Favorite Features

The leather seats, CD player, heated seats, etc. rank up there with the former Volvo I owned (minus the extreme repair and maintenance costs!).

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be improved; Interior design updated. Overall it is the best value for the money spent.

JAVELIN SST
By Javelin sst

2001 Isuzu Trooper Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

IT,S A HEADTURNER. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND IMPRESSIVE VEHICLE I'VE EVER SEEN, A JEWEL OF ENGINEERING. ON THE ROAD IT FEELS LIKE RIDING OVER CLOUDS. NO MAINTENANCE EXCEPT OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. IT'S MY SECOND TROOPER AND I LOVE IT.

Favorite Features

INTERIOR ROOMINESS, IS BIG ENOUGH FOR ME AND FAMILY, VERY CONFORTABLE. RIDE IS SMOOTH. POWERFUL ENGINE. NO NEED OF A V-8.

Suggested Improvements

MORE ACCESSORIES.