Used 1999 Isuzu Trooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

1999 Isuzu Trooper

S 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual - (62 reviews )

Love my ZuZu
By Maureen

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1999 Isuzu Trooper new in Jan. 2000 and have had no problems what so ever. I love my ZuZu as much as I did when I purchased it. When I decide to purchase a new vehicle I hope to save it for one of my little girls to have as their first vehicle. Both my girls love it so much they refer to it as "their ZuZu" and cry whenever I tease them about selling it!

Favorite Features

My first impression on the car lot was I love the boxie look and still do today. I love it's look on the outside and inside.

Suggested Improvements

Since they are not making the Trooper anymore - no improvements, it's perfect.

Still runnin' strong
By Daniel

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased a '99 Isuzu Trooper 4WD new and have never had any problems besides normal wear like shocks, tires, brakes. Very reliable truck. Excellent power to weight ratio.

Favorite Features

Sunroof. It's enormous. Original brakes. Best feeling brakes on any SUV including my Lincoln Navigator.

Suggested Improvements

Better stock shocks. More plush seats. Better stock tires... ate them up at 30k miles,

I'll drive it until it dies!
By 4 Dr S 4WD SUV

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine used. I needed something for rugged areas & ranch use. It works just fine for town & play too. Lots of room. Takes a licking and never has been a problem. Its durable and reliable - I keep up the routine maintenance. NO PROBLEMS! I go where others do not dare to try. I am really sorry Isuzu does not make this model anymore so I will drive it until either one of us die. I have 85,000 miles on it now and expect another 100,000 based on its performance to date!

Favorite Features

All the creature comforts. But the CD player doesn't handle washboard & rough roads well. Should it?

Suggested Improvements

Fuel efficiency. Right now - 13 miles per gallon in work mode & 19 mpg with road driving. Personally, based on what my ranch neighbors tell me about their Fords and Suburbans... I'm doing much better than they are!

WARNING
By Sean

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved my Trooper. I drove it often and drove it hard. I would have been the first person to recommend this vehicle. However, following a recent accident - I will be the first to warn anyone about it. My wife went into a ditch at low speed and rolled the Trooper. It totaled the vehicle, with the worst damage immediately over the driver's seat. It was by pure divine providence that she wasn't injured.

Favorite Features

The 4 wheel drive could push this beast through anything. The exterior styling was sharp, and turned several heads.

Suggested Improvements

This vehicle is far more top heavy than most SUVs. Couple that with some of the worst gas mileage in its class, and you have one nightmare of a vehicle.

Surprise
By I-5 Bandit

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I am pleased with our choice . We needed a family rig that could with stand our life-style. Trips to the Washington mountains loging roads, snow, camping trips and keeping up with 04 Rangers, Tacomas, Jeeps and Z71's. We have been able to go where all others go, and we are usually leading the pack. I put on some BF All terrains...Great move. Am planning to put on some rancho this summer. Yes I do have to add oil every 1500 miles...It just makes me stay on top of oil changes. Has excellent off road ability, have climbed some pucker upper hills, have not rolled or have even been close. Have fun

Favorite Features

TOD< WINTER DRIVE> POWER BUTTON

Suggested Improvements

ROOF RACK