Used 1999 Isuzu Trooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

S 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual - (62 reviews )

Top notch quality vehicle
By Dee La Barge

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

We love our vehicle. It saved our lives, when we were rear ended by a taxi on Hwy 10, on the west side of Phoenix. I feel completely safe when driving it. It goes anywhere off road. Very dependable. I'm short in stature, so, I love the height it gives me, when driving. We bought our vehicle new. We both wish that it could pull our 25ft Avion travel trailor, so we could get rid of the van.

The leather heated seats!! Plus, they are very comfortable. We both have back problems. The lumbar type seats, make it a pleasure on long drives. It's to bad they are no longer making them.

Again, I wish it was built strong enough to pull our trailer.

up to 88k miles since new
By shawn

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck since new and am still have not had any issues besides normal wear items like brakes, wiper, tires & shocks. My wife gets a different car each year and it amazes me that this old Trooper just keeps kicking without a hitch. Excellent power to weight ratio. I'll probably buy something new this year and keep the Trooper just because it is so reliable.

Swift & nimble and reliability.

Change the stock tires asap...they're not good with the Trooper. Change suspension to OME kit... world of difference.

pleasant surprise
By paulb208

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

We've had our Trooper for just over a year now, and have been pleasantly surprised at the quality and reliability of the vehicle. It had low miles on it when purchased, and we just recently had the 60,000 mile service performed. I'm 6'4" and fit just fine in both the front and rear seats. My wife is a wildlife and landscape photographer, so the combination of on-road comfort and off- road capability is just what we need.

TOD works great; cavernous cargo space with the seats folded down.

Arm-rests on the front seats; a way to lock in 4HIGH; extra 12V outlets in the cargo area.

excellent Trooper
By MDENMAN

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my third Trooper, previous an 88, and a 94. Both were extremely reliable and comfortable. This one is the same except for oil consumption. Excellent off road and and highway cruiser. I expect to get a couple of hundred thousand reliable miles usage.

They should be able to get better gas mileage out of the engine, maybe overdrive or different gearing.

Great Vehicle
By rd

1999 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased new with Performance/Luxury pkg. It's been great. Very good legroom in back seat. Reliability has been excellent. Changed front differential fluid today, wear was as expected, no problems. Interior design is simple, still looks good, not real dated. Oil use is not too bad, but some gone at each oil change. TOD works well.

Huge sunroof. Good visibility. The 3/4 - 1/4 split rear-end door is easy to use, provides very good access to cargo area.

Reintroduce it! Sell it here with the Isuzu diesel - apparently these things got in excess of 30mpg in other countries.