1996 Isuzu Trooper Consumer Reviews 2

1996 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:
My second Trooper and not my last
By chrisS on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Trooper to replace an old Bronco2 that was finish at 180k. This truck has been flawlessly reliable, although I have to sell it because I need an SUV that can tow 7klbs which the Trooper can't. I've enjoyed being the person that could always get out when it snowed and to the rescues whenever someone needed a 4WD. I was also the person to drive when we needed comfort for 5 adults since the rear seat leg room in enormous (it even has foot rest). My gas mileage was good average around 17. The steering was a bit loose when I bought it but I was able to fix that by adjusting the steering box and upgrading the shocks and tires on the front.

Life with a Trooper
By Sabhaul on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Dependable is the best thing about the Trooper. Handling could be alot better. Style is pretty nice. Dealer service and accessories could be better.

Great truck
By SCCA racer on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought it used @ 33K and it now has 86K. My father had one previously and I bought mine for it's versatility. It's extremely reliable and never left me stranded. It will suck up lots of gear and still fit easily in the garage. Too bad the base model seats only have 4 adjustments. They are pretty uncomfortable and flat. I will definitely upgrade to the 3.5l if this one ever dies.

Trooper Guy
By belaircarguy on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this vehicle used (4 years old) and have owned it two years. Had driven Troopers from rental car agencys and loved the way they drove, plus has barn doors in back - a feature I always liked on my 83 Chevy Suburban. Have been extremely pleased - no problems, no rattles, great sunroof, leather seats and tons of cargo room

Holds Up Well
By NolaBound/Fiserhl on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I am the original owner of a 1996 Isuzu Trooper. I bought it in January of 1997 and have replaced only the battery twice. There have been no mechanical problems and it even has the original brakes on the front. (The mechanic says I still have about 40% of the use of the front brakes remaining.) I now have 105,000 mile!

Love my Trooper
By trooper_lover on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Trooper brand new in '96 when the big Trooper rollover scare was going around, hence I got a great deal. Let me tell you, I have not been able to get the tires off the ground, let alone roll it over, and it has gone around some sharp corner pretty fast both on and off road. It has great towing capacity. I started a business with my trooper pulling heavy loads of concrete and lumber and at 70,000 miles I still have the original brakes. The only problems I have had was at 50,000 miles I had a valve cover leak. It was fixed under warranty.

137K and going...
By TXTrooper on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall this has been a great SUV to own. I've had it for over 3 yrs and been very happy with the quality and comfort of the vehicle. Only drawback would be expensive repair and maintenance cost.

Buying another trooper
By revans on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

We just gave our 96 Trooper to daughter, will get a 02 before they change to a GM base. Would like to have something negative to say about it but can't. We've lived in 3 staes put 70+ miles on it and have only done routine mnx..What else can you say. I'd prefer a more sophiscated vehicle but wife likes Trooper.

It is all about quality
By Morpheus on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

All I have had are positive experiences. The snow in Washington has been terrible and the Trooper as been a trooper. I would tell everyone to buy this vehicle. I have never had a problem with rollovers or anything else. You want a good SUV that will get you through thick and thin. Then this is it.

1996 Isuzu Trooper S-PEP
By Ronald S Italiano on 03/11/02 10:42 AM (PST)

1996 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Forget Consumer Reports "unacceptable due to tendancy to roll". I've found this vehicle to perform very well under all weather driving conditions during all four seasons in New England.