Used 1996 Isuzu Trooper SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Isuzu Trooper SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:

The first car
By kevinl4u

1996 Isuzu Trooper SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my first car and it is great. I have 221,000 miles on it and I have only had to fix the axle boots. This car has been used for moving things and has showed its power. I couldn't have asked for a more dependable first car.

heated everything

arm rest, gas mileage.

Best Vehicle We've Owned!
By cing2me

1996 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this Trooper new and at 200,000 miles it is still going strong. The interior and exterior still look like new. The a/c gave out at about 120,000 miles. We had to replace the rotors at 140,000 miles and the mechanic couldn't believe it. The muffler was replaced at 150,000. We love the cargo room and passenger roominess plus the durability of the interior. Living in the upper peninsula of Michigan with tons of snow, I always feel secure in knowing I can make it home in all kinds of weather.

Reliability, quality interior and exterior.

Start making them again.

Very Reliable and Maintenance Free
By troopy

1996 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our 1996 Trooper used in 1999. This was our 2nd Trooper. We bought one brand new in 1991 and drove it until this purchase. This vehicle has been awesome. Has great acceleration/pick up, extremely comfortable and roomy. We just replaced the power steering hose. Otherwise, it has been maintenance free. It's our 3rd vehicle and I love driving it more than my Mercedes wagon. Will drive it until the wheels fall off.

Built to last
By animaldude53

1996 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

First off, this is an unbelievable vehicle. I bought the 96 in 2007 to haul a horse trailer and it does just fine. I'm 19 and this thing has been put through hell. I can out perform anyone out on the two tracks. It handles the harsh Michigan winters flawlessly, never gotten stuck! I bought it with 170k miles on it and now it has about 214k. Haven't replaced anything that wasn't due to my harsh offroading. I actually use the v6 3.2 litre to pull my dads 7000 lb crestliner. It spits and sputters, but once you put it it power mode it controls the boat rather nicely. Buy this truck you'll have it forever.

heated seats, cruise control, cd changer, power mode, winter mode,it's a great versitile vehicle for urban and suburban living...love it.

It has a ticking sound that was factory recalled due to paint chips in the engine some where, but it's easy to get used to (I just tell people its a diesel lol), needs better suspension, roof racks, and a stock push guard would rock.

BEST Car ever
By ramzi yassine

1996 Isuzu Trooper SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

Okay so I've owned my Isuzu Trooper for over 12 years now. Never had to change anything but the tires twice and the brakes once (coz I over drove it). Drove it three times from Beirut to the deep ends of Turkey and back and a lot of driving in Turkey itself. So far it is my favorite car in the world, durable economical, fits 8 people easy, it's just perfect and its body is tough. My sister drove it and took down an electrical pole and not even a scratch or dent appeared on that beautiful car. Too bad its production was stoped. If you want a car get the Isuzu Trooper. It will make you happy.

I loved driving that car and speeding and especially off-road driving!

Needs only a sexier look. But if you install those big metal front and rear bumpers like the big pick up trucks it would look good. And get it in black.