1995 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:
Lucy's summer vehicle
By lucy evans on 09/03/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Isuzu Trooper Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Am selling said vehicle because we have sold our Condo in NC. This was bought to use as a summer vehicle. Have enjoyed owning this car and wish I could keep it but have another vehicle.

Salvation Army SUV is a 1-Ownner Steal!
By Doc MacKinnon on 03/23/10 13:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle from a dealer, who got it from a Salvation Army auction for $500; a true 1-owner vehicle with the paperwork still with it! It had 174,000 miles, and only flaw is a split in the center of the windshield, a hole in a back-up lens and a leak from the Power Steering Pressure Switch. The 5-speed manual was crisp and fine until WalMart drained the oil from it by error and then denied it when it burned out totally dry while on the highway- I had to limp home in 4th gear for 150 miles! Now, the replacement tranny is missing 5th (pending replacement) but I still get better MPG than my 2000 F- 150, and with the EPA estimate of 14 combined, I get 13.9 to 14.6 w/o 5th! I LOVE IT!

125,000 and still going
By Rich on 03/18/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

1995 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it used 10 years ago. Still passes vehicle emissions with flying colors. Change oil regularly and no major problems. Can be noisy on the highway but 12-disc CD changer helps. Great for family camping trips, hunting and fishing. Likely will be my daughters first car in a couple more years. Second Trooper we've owned.

Solid Performer for 14 years
By blanton113 on 04/07/09 11:28 AM (PDT)

1995 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been driving my trooper for just over 9 years now. I bought it used and have replaced a couple starters, one set of belts, one battery, had the transmission flushed once, and replaced the spark plugs and wires on the engine once. Pretty inexpensive maintenance for what this vehicle has given back to me. It does have a pretty severe oil leak, and I think this caused the need for new starters, as the old starters were covered in oil when taken out. I love the visibility when in this vehicle, as the windows are large and easy to see out of. It doesn't handle the best, especially up hills, but I have been able to take it anywhere (off- road included). Preventative maintenance is key.

Mountain Driving Beast
By Sugarloafer on 02/07/09 18:37 PM (PST)

1995 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I live at 7200 feet and am constantly climbing mountains in dirt and snow. The trooper never leaves you worried you won't make it out. I've been driving mine in the dirt and snow almost exclusively for the last two years. Everyone who rides in it is very impressed. We got three feet of snow in three days and the Trooper had no problems while larger trucks and SUVs were getting stuck. I wish I could still buy a new one because I definitely would. The 18MPG doesn't seem that bad for as heavy as the vehicle is. Obviously, I would like to get better but for the reliability it can't be beat. Every door has a problem. Two windows don't go down and a lock doesn't work but I bought it to DRIVE HARD

Keep on Troopin'
By drmain on 07/29/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Isuzu Trooper SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this truck for more than 10 years, and the only repair it needed was a rebuilt starter about 5 years ago. This truck is comfortable, roomy, and has bulletproof reliability. The Trooper has taken me across the rocky mountains both on road and off.

Runs like new at 238,000
By bizkid64 on 07/28/08 15:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Trooper new in 1995, as of today it has over 238000 miles. Except for the AC compressor, the engine runs as well as it did the day I bought it. Still solid as a rock. The clutch lasted 210,000 miles. I've spent less than 5,000 in repairs, including tires. It goes through a windshield and alternator every 2 years, a starter every 4. Other than that, it's bullet proof. Has always used 1 quart of oil every 3000 miles, no more no less. Timing belts last about 150,000 miles. If you can find one used, do not hesitate to buy it. You'll never get mine away from me. I'm just sorry Isuzu couldn't figure out a way to stay competitive. They're products were great.

Trooper upgrades!
By ABSTRACT TROOPER on 12/19/07 17:00 PM (PST)

1995 Isuzu Trooper Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is very stylish and roomy for an older vehicle I was fabulously pleased at all the details, This is my first SUV. It is in good condition you can't hear the engine at all. I was told they don't hold value. It does lack horse power, but it is well designed and thus far reliable.

Trooper2005
By dan on 04/01/06 06:57 AM (PST)

1995 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had for 11 years now and it's still the car my teen-aged kids want to drive the most. It's still very stylish and reliable. It is great in snow and big enough to carry my entire family or haul stuff. The only major problem is that the head gasket tends to leak slowly. My mechanic says it's best to just let it be as I only go through 1 qt of oil every 3000 miles - not bad.

Super Value
By Adam on 03/13/06 10:28 AM (PST)

1995 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Originally looking for a Land Cruiser, I stumbled across a dark blue '95 Trooper with 140,000 miles and bought it for $2800. Although it looks big, the Trooper is about four inches shorter (!) and an inch narrower than a Camry of the same year--so parking options are better than with most SUVs. It is very tall, which translates into a spacious interior. Interior design is average and build quality is just short of a Land Cruiser. The GM supplied engine is more than sufficient around town, but thirsty. Last, it doesn't corner like my sport-suspension equipped MX6--but the Trooper handles far more securely than its massive body lean indicates.