1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:
300,000 Miles and Still Going Strong!
By Patrick on 03/14/10 20:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 1993, and 300,000 miles later is still going strong. One of the best vehicles I've ever purchased in terms of reliability. Solid,strong and sturdy; handles well and very maneuverable. Simple, uncomplicated interior features, dashboard full of "on/off" knobs, crank window handles, radio/cassette player, no electronic door locks, no security alarms...nothing to break! Tremendous amount of storage capacity. Kept on regular maintenance schedule since new, and though some old parts have been replaced with new factory parts, it's all to be considered part of it's long life. Lots of people look and wave while driving, especially other Trooper owners. Thanks Isuzu!

My 1993 Trooper S
By Hau-Ching Liao on 07/30/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a manual transmission Trooper S. I own it for 16 Years already. I like its exterior and interior design. However, the enginer burns the oil, I will need to add 1 quarter of the oil every 1000 miles. I replaced the whole transmission couple years ago. It cost me $3000+. Now it works fine, but the speakers were not working for a while already. My brother suggested me to trade it in and buy a Hybrid SUV and get the $4500 rebate from the goverment.

Moving up to a 2000 model Trooper
By YoungBlood on 11/07/08 14:30 PM (PST)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

It all started when I was looking for my first suv. I drove just about all makes & models of suvs there are & just wasn't pleased, usually it was about the interior layout. I came across a 93 model, fair priced & got it. I have had it now about 5 years & I am as pleased now as I was when I got it. I had planned to add a lot of improvements to it such as window tint, K&N filter, some suspension upgrades to mainly improve handling, namely cornering :) but have decided (after driving a 1998 & 2000 model trooper) that I think I'll simply trade up. BIG improvements on handling & power in these models as the 98's & up got a 215 hp 24 valve dohc & 230 ft. lb. in torque upgrade.

This vehicle can't be beat!!!
By trooperls on 05/25/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Its performance and comfort is unsurpassed. You can't beat the safety feeling of metal around you. Brakes on a dime. Starts the 1st time. Love to drive corners very well and extremely reliable. Very quiet when running and smooth transition from start. Interior well made with cubbies for everything. Exterior great shape This is a must have suv!!! I have no regrets buying this vehicle and would buy another without reservation. It has a firm feel when you drive but thats the 4x4 component. I absolutely love the automatic stick. It brings the sporty feel to the drive. Isuzu did itself well when it constructed this gem. If your looking for a suv that will go the distance this is it!!!

1993 Isuzu trooper
By spencer on 06/07/06 21:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

I find my 1993 Isuzu Trooper S to be one of the most fun to drive off road vehicles I've seen in a long time. While on-road performance is slightly below par; off road, it takes 45 degree inclines with relative ease.

Getting my money's worth...
By B P on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased with 50,000 miles(for about $18000) back in '96 and now has a little over 150,000 miles. Have had a few maintenance issues, such as rear main seal replacement(twice), timing belt tensioners & idler(twice), oil consumption(1qt/3000 miles - started at about 100,000), and right now I have a nagging transmission pan leak I am troubleshooting. All that being said, these have been minor problems compared to the overall reliability, dependability, and enjoyment that my wife and I have had with this vehicle over the past 7-1/2 years.

"tough as a bag of rocks"
By Steve Straq on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

I have over 220,000 miles on my '93 Trooper and it seems to still be going strong. What more can I say.

Trooper, the tippy car
By OhioWV on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

Loved from day one. 10 years later, still flawless. It shifts like a tank, drives like a tank, looks like a tank and is a tank.

I Bought It New
By neverenough on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

... and now, this 1993 Trooper jewel is still ticking like a watch. It has 187,500+ miles. Exterior paint, leather interior looks great too. Have had a problem with radio but that's all. When this one dies I'll buy a new one. Isuzu definately made a great one. Buy the way, I found out that it's transmission was made by Cadilac... it's true!

Next time going american!
By Frankder on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I got this vehicle from a friend, overall for the price I would not recommend it. Interior is fine, a lot of space. Firm seats, but fairly comfortable. Steering is horrible, it has the turning radius of a bus. Power steering problems? Engine (3.2 v6) is awful, I can run faster than this car! The engine struggles and sounds horrible, also rev's really high on the highway making fuel consuption bad. Alarm problems, not too good of a vehicle. I would much rather have an american suv, like a ford explorer, or jeep cherokee. Be careful of this vehicle!