Used 1993 Isuzu Trooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:

300,000 Miles and Still Going Strong!
By Patrick

1993 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 1993, and 300,000 miles later is still going strong. One of the best vehicles I've ever purchased in terms of reliability. Solid,strong and sturdy; handles well and very maneuverable. Simple, uncomplicated interior features, dashboard full of "on/off" knobs, crank window handles, radio/cassette player, no electronic door locks, no security alarms...nothing to break! Tremendous amount of storage capacity. Kept on regular maintenance schedule since new, and though some old parts have been replaced with new factory parts, it's all to be considered part of it's long life. Lots of people look and wave while driving, especially other Trooper owners. Thanks Isuzu!

Love the simple "form follows function" approach to the basic Trooper model.

Has the familiar "tap, tap, tap" engine noise common to Troopers, but you get used to it.

My 1993 Trooper S
By Hau-Ching Liao

1993 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a manual transmission Trooper S. I own it for 16 Years already. I like its exterior and interior design. However, the enginer burns the oil, I will need to add 1 quarter of the oil every 1000 miles. I replaced the whole transmission couple years ago. It cost me $3000+. Now it works fine, but the speakers were not working for a while already. My brother suggested me to trade it in and buy a Hybrid SUV and get the $4500 rebate from the goverment.

Moving up to a 2000 model Trooper
By YoungBlood

1993 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

It all started when I was looking for my first suv. I drove just about all makes & models of suvs there are & just wasn't pleased, usually it was about the interior layout. I came across a 93 model, fair priced & got it. I have had it now about 5 years & I am as pleased now as I was when I got it. I had planned to add a lot of improvements to it such as window tint, K&N filter, some suspension upgrades to mainly improve handling, namely cornering :) but have decided (after driving a 1998 & 2000 model trooper) that I think I'll simply trade up. BIG improvements on handling & power in these models as the 98's & up got a 215 hp 24 valve dohc & 230 ft. lb. in torque upgrade.

Off road capabilities, can't get stuck it seems. Very roomy interior obviously & can load a lot of stuff in it. I like the cabin area layout, not fancy but stylish in simplicity with nicely placed gadgets & instruments. Most engine maintenance is simple & well placed.

The older models could have had a little more power & torque as well as better road handling as the older models are a little sluggish especially on inclines & not so tight & nimble in curves etc. but things change & man they did starting in the later 90 models. VERY impressive changes.

This vehicle can't be beat!!!
By trooperls

1993 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Its performance and comfort is unsurpassed. You can't beat the safety feeling of metal around you. Brakes on a dime. Starts the 1st time. Love to drive corners very well and extremely reliable. Very quiet when running and smooth transition from start. Interior well made with cubbies for everything. Exterior great shape This is a must have suv!!! I have no regrets buying this vehicle and would buy another without reservation. It has a firm feel when you drive but thats the 4x4 component. I absolutely love the automatic stick. It brings the sporty feel to the drive. Isuzu did itself well when it constructed this gem. If your looking for a suv that will go the distance this is it!!!

Collapsible heated side mirrors. Great mileage when cruising - not bad in city either. So much space inside. Love the feel of the comfort all around you. Lots of handles for everyone to get in and out. Rear door opens up wide for hauling - trailering is the best - hugs the road like a dream!!

1993 Isuzu trooper
By spencer

1993 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

I find my 1993 Isuzu Trooper S to be one of the most fun to drive off road vehicles I've seen in a long time. While on-road performance is slightly below par; off road, it takes 45 degree inclines with relative ease.

I like the rear doors and the beefy suspension.

Its engine is weak, it needs a better one.