1991 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:
super trooper
By random rater on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Isuzu Trooper XS 4dr SUV 4WD

Ok, this review will likely not be read b/c no one is looking for a auto this old. However, I bought this SUV new with 2 miles on the Odom and it now has 235,000. An absolutely fabulous and dependable drive. I utility look of the SUV is something that is missing from todays versions. I've had the top end of the engine rebuilt, radiator replaced, several clutches, and a few non-descript items and other than that the SUV has been flawless. My oly complaint is the way under powered AC.

254,000 Miles and still ok
By azdude123 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Well, I'm the second owner of this vehicle and still love the car. It's a great car to drive and to sit in, unlike the other cars we have. When I got this car, it was badly taken care of. They didn't take good car of it (oil changes, etc.) but the car was still good. I would highly recomend the car, if you can get a low price on it.

Good Truck
By nelsonrick on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

We've owned this rig for just over 3 years now. I've tried to trade it in several times to upgrade but my wife won't let me. She loves sitting higher and the awesome visibility it provides while driving. This truck is gutless with the V-6/Auto transmission...however...it is great for off-road applications. It doesn't have tremendous power but when it's in low the torque and ratios make it perfect for getting up the hills without always breaking wheels in loose stuff. It has been flawless in 3 years without any needed repairs. You won't tow your big boat with it but you'll find it works for anything else.

I can't believe it!!! It's still runs!!
By kipster on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 1991 Isuzu Trooper in June 2001. A copule of things I notice right away: huge fuel tank (22 gals), poor gas mileage (13-15 mpg), & the poor performance (140 hp). But after some nominal maintenance, it wasn't a bad second car. I accepted a job on the West Coast. So I pack up my stuff and the Isuzu and moved 2800 miles to California. The truck (loaded to it's maximun weight) performed suprisingly well. With the air conditioning running, climbing mountain ranges, at a decent speed, I encountered no hiccups. I'm now approaching my second year with 133,000 miles. Don't get me wrong, it needs work, but it just keeps running!

mud toy
By i love mud on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Very reliable vehicle when you match the strong 4 cyl. 2.6l engine with the manual trasmition. Dont even think of buying a automatic transmition Trooper. The 4WD is very capable. I've replace the OEM fuel injection system with a Toyota 4Runner fuel injection, it gave a boost of power

Tough Trooper
By InspectorKip on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Isuzu Trooper XS 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this 1991 Trooper over a year ago. After new tires, tune-up, brakes, etc. I had a "nifty" SUV. The performance leaves something to be desired, but XS model has lots of "bells and whistles" and it's a real truck.

Isuzu Trooper
By docklyle on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Isuzu Trooper SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've got 198,450 miles on my 1991 Trooper, and all I've ever done is rebuild the transmission (2 years after pulling a 5000 trailer 5000 miles round trip). Very reliable car, minor maintence.