1990 Isuzu Trooper Consumer Review: My Beloved Trooper II

1990 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (2.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

My Beloved Trooper II
By John Boy on

1990 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Trooper brand new back in 1990. I have driven it 18 years now and put on 190,000 miles. I can't tell you how dependable and trustworthy this vehicle has been and still is. I have done all the repair work except the fuel pump and timing belt myself. I change the oil every 4000 miles and the fluids every 30K. I have had it axle deep in snow and sand and she never fails to get me home. I brought my new daughter home from the hospital in it so I could never sell it for that reason alone, but I wouldn't sell it anyway, this vehicle has always been there for me. 5 sets of tires. Original clutch! Gets 20 mpg still today. Not fast, but very dependable and trustworthy. Header installed!

Tons of room, I have moved appliances and furniture, dogs, lids, everything you can think of. Little things like a rear windshield washer/wiper. The 4 wheel drive is world class. I installed a header so it has more zip and it loves to hit the dirt and sand and snow.

Well as any Trooper owner knows performance is not the strong point, but who cares, right? I put a header on my 2.6 L and she has more zip, hills and freeway entrances are no longer an issue. Perhaps I should have got the 2.8 v-6, but I am so happy with my Trooper.