Used 1990 Isuzu Trooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Isuzu Trooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:

Nice SUV to own
By Firefighter6928

1990 Isuzu Trooper XS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Trooper from the original owner who had 6 vehicles (different makes). The Trooper was given mainly oil changes, new clutch, radiator flush and that's it. When I bought it the odometer had 132,000 on it so I invested $3,500 in new B.F. Goodrich tires, re-wiring engine wires that gone bad, new a/c compressor, new shocks, TUNE-UP and a few other things that needed to be done. I change the oil every 3,000 miles, get good gas mileage especially on the highway. I've only driven on pavement and dirt roads but haven't taken it on the hills yet. But, I can say after all is said now, this is a great well built SUV to own!

I like cargo space, gas mileage, and the height I am off the ground. I find that this is a great suv in braking.

Making parts easier to find.

SuperDuperTrooper
By Loren

1990 Isuzu Trooper S 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my 1990 4 cylinder from the original owner, my father in law. Every time he sees it he wishes he had it back! 226,000 miles, very tough off-road mileage. Bought heavy duty shocks and sway bars which helped handling a lot. Saving for the limited slip differential to get all this thing has to give. Great on trials, easy to turn around when no where else to go. Low gearing and ground clearance (both stock) makes this Trooper go anywhere I ask her to go. LOVE MY TROOPER!

Utilitarian; good gas for 4x4.

Desert and Downtown Trooper!
By LTJohnson

1990 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've loved it since I bought it in 1990! It's taken me, 3 passengers, 4 lawn chairs, camping table, lunch & packs safely and comfortably through sand & narrow canyons & over rocks. Short wheel base & narrow width make it a breeze to park (even compact spots) with plenty of room to get in and out. Acceleration is great on the flat & good uphill. Torque converter & radiator replaced on warranty; transmission computer after 8 years. Otherwise, expected maintenance.

Incredibly useful; cargo capacity & dual rear doors make loading easy. LS model reduces noise & vibration; HD suspension option smoothes ride.

Larger engine; less leaning on curves; better fuel economy.

Great SUV
By mbz300sdl

1990 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Well what can i say i have owned two Isuzu's a 1990 Trooper that has 199,000 miles and a 1999 Rodeo With 102,000 miles these are great suv's I am only 18 years old and have grown up around cars ranging from Fiats to Mercedes (first car-300SDL). Don't get me wrong i'm not saying that an Isuzu can equal a Mercedes in anything except price but for the money spent there is not better automoblies avalible.

Great It is 4WD!

None since they no longer make them.

Drive the wheels off it!!
By GA. REB

1990 Isuzu Trooper LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it 2 years old drove it for 11 years has 268,000 on it still runs good. Changed ALL fluids every 30k & oil every 5k. THE ISUZU TROOPER IS A TROOPER!!!!!

Great room & visiblity