1990 Isuzu Trooper SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trooper model:
My Beloved Trooper II
By John Boy on 11/21/08 10:21 AM (PST)

1990 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Trooper brand new back in 1990. I have driven it 18 years now and put on 190,000 miles. I can't tell you how dependable and trustworthy this vehicle has been and still is. I have done all the repair work except the fuel pump and timing belt myself. I change the oil every 4000 miles and the fluids every 30K. I have had it axle deep in snow and sand and she never fails to get me home. I brought my new daughter home from the hospital in it so I could never sell it for that reason alone, but I wouldn't sell it anyway, this vehicle has always been there for me. 5 sets of tires. Original clutch! Gets 20 mpg still today. Not fast, but very dependable and trustworthy. Header installed!

Desert and Downtown Trooper!
By LTJohnson on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've loved it since I bought it in 1990! It's taken me, 3 passengers, 4 lawn chairs, camping table, lunch & packs safely and comfortably through sand & narrow canyons & over rocks. Short wheel base & narrow width make it a breeze to park (even compact spots) with plenty of room to get in and out. Acceleration is great on the flat & good uphill. Torque converter & radiator replaced on warranty; transmission computer after 8 years. Otherwise, expected maintenance.

Great SUV
By mbz300sdl on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Well what can i say i have owned two Isuzu's a 1990 Trooper that has 199,000 miles and a 1999 Rodeo With 102,000 miles these are great suv's I am only 18 years old and have grown up around cars ranging from Fiats to Mercedes (first car-300SDL). Don't get me wrong i'm not saying that an Isuzu can equal a Mercedes in anything except price but for the money spent there is not better automoblies avalible.

Drive the wheels off it!!
By GA. REB on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it 2 years old drove it for 11 years has 268,000 on it still runs good. Changed ALL fluids every 30k & oil every 5k. THE ISUZU TROOPER IS A TROOPER!!!!!

Back To Basic Fun
By mvsbraga on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Isuzu Trooper SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My Trooper is actually a 1989. It 4- wheels great and keeps up with the big boys. It has the 2.8 V6 with a 5- speed. Lacks power on the highway and towing due to small engine. AC flow from the dash is low due to poor design. Great gas mileage for what it is (16-20). I average 17-17.5 in all around driving.