Can't fix the problems!!!!
By sillyisuzu on
2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
At first loved the car. Bought it new in 2005. However, after two years of ownership, the car would fail to start. It would begin to turn over, then cut off. I have to reset the auto door locks for it to start, and even then sometimes it won't, and its not the starter. It also burns oil and I have to check the oil levels weekly. The engine light has come on, and no one can tell me what the code means! The engine also regularly sticks in first gear and the engine whines, then finally engages. I had the tranny serviced, but they tell me there is no problem. Finally, the key design completely stinks! You can program the fob to open the door, but can't find anyone to program it to start the car.
Favorite Features
I do like the sound system and factory six CD player. I also like the fog lights, and I added a night light adjusting rear view mirror. When it runs correctly it is wonderful, but frankly I forget what that is like!
Suggested Improvements
Better mileage, better suspension (it is way too wobbly) and make key programming and service sites available to owners!