2004 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Review: Buy One

2004 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Review

S 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Buy One
By Mr.Rodeo on

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Don't listen to the professional critics, take the word of somebody who's owned one for 3+ years. Just traded in the 2001 Rodeo Sport for the 4Door model(expecting child). As impressed with this one as I was the previous model. This one seems to have a smoother ride than the sport though. The warranty speaks for the reliability of the vehicle. Do you really think a car company would place a 7/75k mile warranty on a vehicle that always needed service...Thus the reason Chevy n Ford only offer 3/36k. Yes we had a few problems w/ our 2001, but nothing that wasn't covered by the warranty. The real selling point for this vehicle is the price. $20,500! Loaded, this thing compares to a Pathfinder.

Favorite Features

*Price- $3500 below invoice w/ current incentives. *Performance- No it won't drive as plush as grandma's car. But, can grandma's car climb a mountain via a logging trail. Yes the 3.5 liter DI kicks butt. *Reliability- I wouldn't have bought another Isuzu if I wasn't impressed the first time.

Suggested Improvements

*Lighted Door instrumentation- Power door controls are hard to see at night. *I wish they offered a jacked up model w/ little wheels and big tires... *Continue the good work Isuzu. I know this is the last year of the Rodeo. Can't wait til 2007 to see whats next.