Used 2004 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

Love My Isuzu!
By Sandra Munn

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the perfomance of my Isuzu Rodeo. It drives very smooth. Very comfortable and sporty. My vechicle is very reliable and I wouldn't trade it in except for another Isuzu Rodeo.

It has pickup speed when needed feature, also for the winter time it has a different feature for weather condition......love those buttons

automatic sunroof pull back, if it hasn't already been designed....i do have a later model!

French's Review
By John French

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The rear Passenger doors need to open wider. The seats needs more lumbar support and seat inclination needs adjustment. Mine, a 2003 Rodeo, needs a bigger console. My pistol barely fits in the console, let alone any extra mags or ammo. A/C works great! The suspension needs to be stiffer and upgraded before doing any off roading. Overall the Rodeo is an excellent product for the money.

Easy to drive, tight turn radius, easy to get into tight spaces. Good visibilty. And it has a real frame and strong construction.

Upgrade of suspension. Needs sway bars and hevy shocks, springs, and suspension linkage. Upgrade the interior ergonomics and istall a bigger console.

rodeo
By Rebbel

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many types of cars and truks, Includeing a Jeep cj7 and several ford trucks, this is the first orgen made truck that I have ever oned and I am verry happy and pleased with it A reasonably priced well made 4x4 that is fun to drive and fun to own.

Fun to drive 4x4 with reasonable fuel economy.

Increase advertising

Buy One
By Mr.Rodeo

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Don't listen to the professional critics, take the word of somebody who's owned one for 3+ years. Just traded in the 2001 Rodeo Sport for the 4Door model(expecting child). As impressed with this one as I was the previous model. This one seems to have a smoother ride than the sport though. The warranty speaks for the reliability of the vehicle. Do you really think a car company would place a 7/75k mile warranty on a vehicle that always needed service...Thus the reason Chevy n Ford only offer 3/36k. Yes we had a few problems w/ our 2001, but nothing that wasn't covered by the warranty. The real selling point for this vehicle is the price. $20,500! Loaded, this thing compares to a Pathfinder.

*Price- $3500 below invoice w/ current incentives. *Performance- No it won't drive as plush as grandma's car. But, can grandma's car climb a mountain via a logging trail. Yes the 3.5 liter DI kicks butt. *Reliability- I wouldn't have bought another Isuzu if I wasn't impressed the first time.

*Lighted Door instrumentation- Power door controls are hard to see at night. *I wish they offered a jacked up model w/ little wheels and big tires... *Continue the good work Isuzu. I know this is the last year of the Rodeo. Can't wait til 2007 to see whats next.

Wonderful vehicle/fun to drive
By Ray's baby

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I just returned from a 8,500 mile, 17 state road trip. We were looking for a midsize SUV that looks good and performs well. We noticed a lot of SUV's on the road and especially many Isuzu Rodeo's. On arrival home, we looked at and purchased a new 2004 Rodeo. It is a wonderful vehicle. My wife is 5 feet tall and she loves to drive it. We have to draw straws to determine who is going to have the pleasure of driving this vehicle. We love the exterior and interior of this SUV. We have the running boards and roof racks, with spoiler over the rear window. We have driven 3,500 miles so far, our MPG averages 23 long distance, and between 18 and 21 around town. We love the engine power.

The large tires; 6 CD player; exceptional interior space for carrying large items(selling feature);beautiful exterior looks; comfortable seats.

All buttons on door area for windows, lock/unlock, etc., should be lit for night viewing; cargo door would be more convenient if it simply just lifted instead of swinging open.