2004 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
rodeo
By Rebbel on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many types of cars and truks, Includeing a Jeep cj7 and several ford trucks, this is the first orgen made truck that I have ever oned and I am verry happy and pleased with it A reasonably priced well made 4x4 that is fun to drive and fun to own.

French's Review
By John French on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The rear Passenger doors need to open wider. The seats needs more lumbar support and seat inclination needs adjustment. Mine, a 2003 Rodeo, needs a bigger console. My pistol barely fits in the console, let alone any extra mags or ammo. A/C works great! The suspension needs to be stiffer and upgraded before doing any off roading. Overall the Rodeo is an excellent product for the money.

Love My Isuzu!
By Sandra Munn on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the perfomance of my Isuzu Rodeo. It drives very smooth. Very comfortable and sporty. My vechicle is very reliable and I wouldn't trade it in except for another Isuzu Rodeo.

Buy One
By Mr.Rodeo on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Don't listen to the professional critics, take the word of somebody who's owned one for 3+ years. Just traded in the 2001 Rodeo Sport for the 4Door model(expecting child). As impressed with this one as I was the previous model. This one seems to have a smoother ride than the sport though. The warranty speaks for the reliability of the vehicle. Do you really think a car company would place a 7/75k mile warranty on a vehicle that always needed service...Thus the reason Chevy n Ford only offer 3/36k. Yes we had a few problems w/ our 2001, but nothing that wasn't covered by the warranty. The real selling point for this vehicle is the price. $20,500! Loaded, this thing compares to a Pathfinder.

Wonderful vehicle/fun to drive
By Ray's baby on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I just returned from a 8,500 mile, 17 state road trip. We were looking for a midsize SUV that looks good and performs well. We noticed a lot of SUV's on the road and especially many Isuzu Rodeo's. On arrival home, we looked at and purchased a new 2004 Rodeo. It is a wonderful vehicle. My wife is 5 feet tall and she loves to drive it. We have to draw straws to determine who is going to have the pleasure of driving this vehicle. We love the exterior and interior of this SUV. We have the running boards and roof racks, with spoiler over the rear window. We have driven 3,500 miles so far, our MPG averages 23 long distance, and between 18 and 21 around town. We love the engine power.

Good Vehicle
By ASSMAN on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle. One of the best I've ever owned.

GOOD FOR 1ST SUV
By SMALLPAT on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I LIKE THE RODEO. THE INTERIOR COULD BE BETTER.

NEVER AGAIN
By Jd Texas Flyer on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought TWO of these dogs on the same day (what was I thinking) for wife and daughter, hoping to get them into something reliable and safe - just the opposite. After 20K miles, major items began to fail such as catalytic converter (complete failure), transmission oil leakage (required complete transmission replacement), engine starter failure (replaced / both cars), ABS brake failures, throttle control valves, EGR valves, gas gauges, central computer, radio (lights, speakers), along with multiple factory recall repairs, some of which required more than a day to complete (without a supplied rental). There is NO feeling of dependability.

ISUZU RODOE LSE
By EDDY on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I HAD THIS TRUCK FOR THREE YEARS I HAD TO REPLACE THE ENGAIN HARNESS THE COMPUTOR ALL AT MY COST THEY SAY THE TRUCK COMES WITH 7YEARS 70.000 MILES ID LOVE TO SEE IT THISE WAS MY FIRST ISUZU AND MY LAST BILLY

Isuzu Rodeo rating
By Raymie on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As a 2nd geneartion buyer of Isuzu, I am very satisfied with this vehicle. Isuzu's are low maintenance and I will buy a 3rd one. Other well known companies use Isuzu trucks and market them as their own. The Chevrolet Trailblazer is the Isuzu Ascender. The Honda Passport is the Isuzu Rodeo. This should tell the sceptics something about the quality.