Used 2004 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

Love the Rodeo..... Almost
By Ryan

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love almost everything about the 2004 Direct Injection Rodeo, except for the fuel injection problem that I have had in BOTH 2004 Rodeos I have had. It sometimes wants to hesitate during my first acceleration of the day, but then performs fine. I can't seem to find anyone else that has had this problem, but I have experienced it in both Rodeo's that I have had.

I love the power of the engine. You can't find that performance in any other SUV in its class. It will leave the others in the dust. The 6-disc changer and steering wheel controls are a great feature as well.

Fix the fuel injection problem! I thought after my first Rodeo went back to Isuzu, I would no longer have the problem. Guess again, it has shown its face with this Rodeo as well. Don't bother making Isuzu aware of the problem, they just make you think you are imagining it!

Da Bugga is Cherry
By Miki'ala

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Rodeo for little over a year now and I'm pretty happy with it. For some reason my buttons on my steering wheel don't work as well as another Rodeo that we had test drove, but oh well. I think the exterior is definitely nice and if you throw some tires on and give it maybe a slight lift, the Isuzu Rodeo is a sick kick ride. I have to go back and forth on an uphill road and with its 3.5 liter V6, it doesn't disappoint. I love driving my Rodeo, although I may turn it in for a smaller car : (

Nice exterior, 3.5 liter V6, fun to drive.

Better interior a must, suspension, better speakers(I changed mine).

Decent
By rodeo

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Rodeo for a little over a year now. I agree with the power issue... there is none. Also, when braking, you better start early; this Rodeo will continue to roll without any gas given to it. I like the exterior look, interior has much room for improvement.

Exterior look.

More comfortable arm rests, work on braking issues, more power. Needs at least a little power.

Not what I thought
By Joanne

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely hate this truck. The drive is horrible and weak...it never has any type of pick-up whatsoever. My mother's 4 cylinder car has more pick-up and vroom than this thing! I can't stand driving it and haven't even had it for a full year yet! Biggest mistake I've made!!!

Surprise
By randallgray

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle has been a surprise. The ride and reliability have been excellent. The car has a lot of equipment at a significantly lower sticker price than the competition.

The direct fuel injected engine is extremely peppy at a very small cost in fuel economy.

Maybe a little more cost could be spent on interior materials.