Used 2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

Love it!
By sc rodeo

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My fourth Isuzu SUV. Bought it new in 04. This ride has given me more than my money's worth. I've always liked the looks, the performance and the reliability,- no unpleasant surprises. Predictable maintenance history and a compatible vehicle for rack systems, hitch systems, etc. It's flexible for carrying all sorts of cargo. Have put 112k miles on this thing and if it dies tomorrow, I'm still be glad I bought it.

Good overall utilitarian work horse with adequate power and features for a very reasonable price. Like the looks too.

Would have liked a firmer suspension on the 2WD, and a standard class III tow package. For me, a bit more leg room up front would have been great. Couldn't afford the 3.5 engine at the time, but understand it's a real rocket. Have no complaints with the 3.2.

Get Rid Of It
By PEddie

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Mushy ride, feels unsafe; REDUCED POWER light randomly comes on, effectively disabling the car, dangerous if you're not in your driveway when it happens; essentially you cannot count on it when you need it.

Nice looking car

Fix the REDUCED POWER glitch

satisfied
By isuzu guy

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Just went over the 90k mile mark on my 04 Rodeo I purchased new almost 5 yrs ago (my 4th Isuzu since 88). Bought the extended warranty but never had to use it. I've been extremely happy with this ride. No surprises (knock on wood). Still get over 20 mpg on trips and 15 mpg in town. With all the rebates, I keep my eye on new SUVs but really can't justify the expense as the equivalent value in today's market is just too steep. I'd hate to unload this Rodeo, it still runs so well. Timely maintenance and an honest mechanic are key. I have no reservations about taking this Rodeo on long trips. I feel real fortunate to have owned this SUV, having a ride in the shop is no fun.

Steering mounted cruise. 81 cf of cargo. Reliability of systems. Ease of adding aftermarket accessories(Yakima rack, grill guard and towing hitch).

It's a no frills ride and I understood that when I bought it. I use it to haul stuff, hunt and fish. I got no complaints.

My second Rodeo, just as great!!
By Melanie

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Rodeo. My first was a 2002 LS. I never had any problem with it. Another driver hit me and I think I would have been killed if I were not in my Rodeo. So I bought another one with the insurance money. This one is newer and has the 3.5L engine, the gray trim, upgraded sound and fog lights. I love it even more than my old one. It has great pick up, great interior. I love the controls for the stereo on the steering wheel. The price was great and it is in perfect condition. I know it will last forever too. My old one never had any problem. These vehicles are such great quality and value and low maintenance that I can't understand why Isuzu quit making them. I love mine!

Great exterior style and look with the gray trim and fog lights. Awesome engine and pickup. Great ride. And I know firsthand that it is a safe vehicle since I was hit by an old solid steel pickup and walked away from it. The stereo is great and holds 6 CDs and sounds great! The cargo area is great!

Start making them again! This is a solid vehicle and a great value and Isuzu should start making them again! That is why you don't see many for sale. People who have them, like me, know what they have and don't sell them.

Just what the doctor ordered
By columbia rodeo

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

For me, with a towing package, this is the ideal suv for the money. I don't know where you can find an equal value in today's market. To date, other than oil changes, I've only replaced the drive belt and tires. This is my 4th Isuzu since the mid 80s, I average about 120k mi/truck between purchases. With routine attention to maintenance they've all been reliable rides. Like many others on this site I can not understand the low ratings from editors. I'd like to see Isuzu revive the Trooper and Rodeo in the US soon.

Cruise control on the steering wheel, Operable tailgate glass, cargo capacities. I'm impressed with the base model sound system.

Towing package as standard equipment would complete the picture.