2004 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
Love it!
By sc rodeo on 08/04/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My fourth Isuzu SUV. Bought it new in 04. This ride has given me more than my money's worth. I've always liked the looks, the performance and the reliability,- no unpleasant surprises. Predictable maintenance history and a compatible vehicle for rack systems, hitch systems, etc. It's flexible for carrying all sorts of cargo. Have put 112k miles on this thing and if it dies tomorrow, I'm still be glad I bought it.

Get Rid Of It
By PEddie on 04/20/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Mushy ride, feels unsafe; REDUCED POWER light randomly comes on, effectively disabling the car, dangerous if you're not in your driveway when it happens; essentially you cannot count on it when you need it.

satisfied
By isuzu guy on 08/14/08 08:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Just went over the 90k mile mark on my 04 Rodeo I purchased new almost 5 yrs ago (my 4th Isuzu since 88). Bought the extended warranty but never had to use it. I've been extremely happy with this ride. No surprises (knock on wood). Still get over 20 mpg on trips and 15 mpg in town. With all the rebates, I keep my eye on new SUVs but really can't justify the expense as the equivalent value in today's market is just too steep. I'd hate to unload this Rodeo, it still runs so well. Timely maintenance and an honest mechanic are key. I have no reservations about taking this Rodeo on long trips. I feel real fortunate to have owned this SUV, having a ride in the shop is no fun.

My second Rodeo, just as great!!
By Melanie on 08/02/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Rodeo. My first was a 2002 LS. I never had any problem with it. Another driver hit me and I think I would have been killed if I were not in my Rodeo. So I bought another one with the insurance money. This one is newer and has the 3.5L engine, the gray trim, upgraded sound and fog lights. I love it even more than my old one. It has great pick up, great interior. I love the controls for the stereo on the steering wheel. The price was great and it is in perfect condition. I know it will last forever too. My old one never had any problem. These vehicles are such great quality and value and low maintenance that I can't understand why Isuzu quit making them. I love mine!

Just what the doctor ordered
By columbia rodeo on 06/28/07 08:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

For me, with a towing package, this is the ideal suv for the money. I don't know where you can find an equal value in today's market. To date, other than oil changes, I've only replaced the drive belt and tires. This is my 4th Isuzu since the mid 80s, I average about 120k mi/truck between purchases. With routine attention to maintenance they've all been reliable rides. Like many others on this site I can not understand the low ratings from editors. I'd like to see Isuzu revive the Trooper and Rodeo in the US soon.

Love the Rodeo..... Almost
By Ryan on 10/31/06 12:38 PM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love almost everything about the 2004 Direct Injection Rodeo, except for the fuel injection problem that I have had in BOTH 2004 Rodeos I have had. It sometimes wants to hesitate during my first acceleration of the day, but then performs fine. I can't seem to find anyone else that has had this problem, but I have experienced it in both Rodeo's that I have had.

Decent
By rodeo on 06/29/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Rodeo for a little over a year now. I agree with the power issue... there is none. Also, when braking, you better start early; this Rodeo will continue to roll without any gas given to it. I like the exterior look, interior has much room for improvement.

Great for the Money
By Craig on 12/19/04 19:31 PM (PST)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Rodeo for about 3 months. No problems at all. It has the Direct Injection, 250-Hp V-6 engine, and it will definitely move. I was astounded by the performance of this engine - especiallly when compared to the [Rodeo} standard V-6. No contest whatsoever. If you get one of these, get the Direct Injection. You won't regret it.

GOOD FOR 1ST SUV
By SMALLPAT on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I LIKE THE RODEO. THE INTERIOR COULD BE BETTER.

my first new car/suv
By carlessman on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

this Rodeo is so cool i can buy it again tommorrow