2003 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
Great SUV
By Isusuman on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S Rwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After leaving the dealership in a brand new automatic Rodeo for under $16k, I felt like it was a steal.. and it was. The Rodeo is a vehicle true to its heritage. It is a no frills SUV and acts like one. The 4ccyl does not have a lot of pep off the line, but has excellent power at highway speeds. The Rodeo handles great, but the brakes leave little to be desired. Overall, it is an excellent value if you have a limited budget!

By John Tucker on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Poor gas mileage, especially in city traffic. Lots of wind noise with windows open.

Driving for 1 month (1200 miles)
By Wes64 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

1st SUV driven & drives nicely like car. Drove on gravel roads w/ pot holes, in pouring rain & big puddles & handles much better than my 92 Accord. It's sluggish, compared to Accord, but goes well when pressing gas & A/C is on. Back door opens sideways. Can't drive w/ back window open. Seats are comfortable while driving or riding whereas the editor review said it wasn't. Average of 18.5 MPG w/ A/C on. Towing sounds good from the specs of 3500 lbs, but haven't tried towing anything yet (manual says don't drive over 45 MPH). The engine is quiet after 1st gear when & not much road noise, even w/ large tires (16" P245). In first gear it's noisier.

Driving my Rodeo
By DebsZuZu on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Well i suppose you could say my Rodeo has served its purpose. To haul people and kids around, but it doesnt do to much than that. Its nicely confortable front and back, it has alot of leg room front and back, and it has enough head room for both my 6 foot boys in the back seat. But if you decide to get a sunroof, there is alot less room, and as gas goes. Its not economical what so ever. If you drive more than 20,000 miles per year, prepare to be visiting to gasoline station about every 2/3 days. But other wise the rodeo is very stylish and roomy and seems to be very well built. Its very bumpy, you can always tell when you hit a little bump in the road.

Love My Rodeo!
By wayover20 on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a new 2003 Rodeo after researching other SUV's including Explorer, Passport, and Jeep Cherokee. I also have family and friends that own these other suv's but I have to say my Rodeo has everything I want including a great looking exterior, comfortable interior with all the features I want. It gets plenty of second looks. I'm glad I made this choice.

My Rodeo
By Ronda on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Awesome, but mine is a 1999 model. I bought it in October 1999

Watch Out For Resale
By Previous Owner on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my rodeo but when i decided to get a Toyota 4Runner I didn't get alot back paid-$22,000 got-$8,700 back. miles-36,000 in 3and 1\2 years. p.s. WATCH OUT!!!

Extremely Disappointed
By Disgusted at Isuzu on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I guess there's a reason why they say you get what you pay for. However, by buying the higher end model of this vehicle, I expected to get more. I've had numerous troubles with this SUV including noisy brake system, whining in the engine, flutter noises in the tired, hesitation starting and a bad odor coming from the vents....just to name a few.

Excellent
By Tod on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Not else to say....fun to drive

car review
By pwitry@cox.net on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased this vehicle used. It was tough to rate it myselfbecause I have only owned it for a few days. It is fun to drive. Feels like a good solid automobile. i have had friends who have owned Isuzu Rodeosand they have had very good luck with them mechanically. i felt it would be a good solid purchase and would not end up being a lemon. I still have plenty of warranty because it's warranty took place on dec 18, 2002. It had relatively low mileage which was another plus in my reasoning for purchasing the vehicle. the interiorwas very clean, and I love the exterior look of the car.