2000 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
Humm...somebody is oicking on Isuzu
By dyma82 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 4dr SUV

I have had my Isuzu for three years already, and I am really please with it performance so far. I have never had a serious problem with it. The most terrible problem I had was my rear wiper stopped working after three years of use. I found that acceptable. I found my Isuzu Rodeo really reliable and some friends of mine who own Rodeos also speak hight of it. I don't think there is any SUV out there other than Isuzu Rodeo from which you can get so much power out of a 3.2 6 cylinder engine.

This SUV has been trouble-free for me
By Bob R. on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

Even though the Rodeo gets an overall bad rap by reviewers, it's given me little trouble after 39,000 miles and almost 34 months of driving. I had to have my noisy front door hinges repaired (service bulletin and quickly fixed) and I've just noticed a little tear in the front driver's cloth seat with a metal pin in view. That's it!

Nice SUV for the price
By Shar on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I think the rodeo is very good for its price, even though it has a few drawbacks, every vehicle does. The seatback latch cover fell off, the plastic peice that covers the door light came off, I do get a squeak somewhere (don't know where). The ride is a little rough, but compared to an expedition where my head hit the ceiling when i went over a pothole...its not too bad. The power is good, but not excellent. Kinda sluggish on the highway. The breaks are efficient enough, even though I get the anti lock shake, as i call it every now and again. The handling is a little on the looser side, but not enough to really make a difference.

It's just o.k.
By kalex on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought it because I really liked the design ( still do! ) and the 100,000 mile warranty. unfortunately, when I did have a problem with the fuel pump the warranty had just expired. Cost me $1,200. It also is burning a quart of oil every three thousand miles. Not good, considering I baby this thing.

Reliable and low operation cost
By CTMIAMI on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

This vehicle now has 30K miles and I have not have any problens that required repairs. It is fast and easy to drive. It is now getting a little bouncy.

I Like It
By Christophe on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had no problems so far, the vehicle has good power and acceleration, just plain fun to drive (especially off-road)

Excellent Mid-Range SUV
By Pcolaboy on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I've had my Rodeo for nearly two years now and I'm still enjoying it. It combines great looks, practical features, and SUV functions. Aside from initial dealership headaches while trying to have additonal options installed, I have had ZERO problems.

Not a bad SUV, but awful resale value
By Firejay on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

Fun drive, gd pwr. 19 mpg city instlld K&N air filter, 3 mpg imprvmnt. Seats are bad for pssngrs. Drvng position bad. Premium sound system gd. Engine gd pwr, hve had engine knck frm day 1, told to use prm gas, did, knck still there. Int cabin noisy on frwy, road/wind noise. Resale value bad. $27000 new, 2 years later value $13900. Worst resale value in class. Have Explorer a year older blue booked $6000 more than Rodeo. If you dont plan on keeping Rodeo long dont buy new, buy used let someone else take huge depreciation hit. Have researched used Rodeos, market filled with low mile Rodeos cheap. Does this say something about realiability of Rodeo?

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4WD - Ironman
By twistlock on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I checked-out the Nissan X-Terra, Jeep Cherokee and Isuzu Rodeo. Surprisingly the Rodeo was the best blend of off- road and asphalt performance. No problems in almost 3 yrs of ownership. I believe only 2 safety 'advisories (not 100% recalls)' for the 2000 model yr. Great value and low-maintenance (so far)!

Rodeo
By pilot781 on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV

Tires wear unevenly even after all wheel alignment. Orginal stereo needs upgraded. Rubber gas pedal fell off, but was replaced under bumper to bumper warranty.