Used 2000 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

2000 Isuzu Rodeo

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

got knocked out of gear
By Kim McGlamery

2000 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV

I love my Rodeo, but it was easily knocked out of gear by a 2 yr old while it was not running and keys were out. It went rolling with her in it as I tried to jump in and stop it I lost my grip and fell under. Crushed my left side. How could this have happened? usually have to step on brake to move gear shift.

I love this SUV
By mztalker19

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a family of five now and we need a van. I am going to hate to see my truck go. It has been so good to me. I have made multiple trips to Missouri from Michigan in this truck. I have not had any problems with this truck. Helpful reminders is to make sure you tighten the gas cap past three clicks and keep oil in it is about all. I have noticed that the oil tends to burn a little quicker than other vehicles BUT it doesn't leak it. Has never been a big deal. I am VERY impressed with this truck and whomever buys it from me is going to be happy! Good luck, you won't regret it.

Favorite Features

Sexy exterior, covering over the back cargo area so people cannot come in and see what you have, controls are close and easy to find.

Suggested Improvements

Make more! :)

Bad, Bad Bad.
By lalas

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the worst SUV anyone can have. I bought my rodeo used and after a few days I had the CHECK ENGINE light on whenever the gas tank is not full. The gas gauge keeps moving to the direction of what turn I make, and to add insult to injury, the engine sounds like you have your foot on the gas even when you have it in park.

Favorite Features

It has lots of room

Suggested Improvements

Isuzu should keep its word to stop making SUV's and get back to making trucks because this is not working.

Reliable
By joe

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LSE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the used vehicle with 127,000 miles on it, and it runs great and has been very reliable. I've had no mechanical problems or anything major. The engine is strong, has no leaks, and is very clean. The only disappointment I have is that it drives like a minivan and doesn't take sharp turns smoothly. The tires were wearing unevenly till I adjusted the camber.

Favorite Features

Strong engine. Love the "power" button. Four-wheel drive is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to ride less like a tuna boat. Improve road noise.

Still Going!
By smeeks1

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I have 118,000 miles and weve been through a lot together! When I first purchased it (had 15k miles) it had an engine switch problem, dealer had to have it towed in to repair. At about 90,000 miles I experienced electrical issues with my AC, I have to jiggle it for it to be extra cold. This does use a lot of oil for some reason, I change it religiously 2800 miles. This is my first car, I think its very easy to handle. I whip it around quite easily and never get that "tipping" feeling. The design still looks pretty good for an 8yr old car. I plan on keeping my rodeo until it dies and I dont think thats anytime soon. I would recommend it overall. Its really fun to drive, great visibility too!

Favorite Features

Honestly I like the interior. Its dash is somewhat of the older, narrower style, a lot of new cars have big dashboards that I dont care for. Also, the cloth interior has held up very well! I steam clean it a couple times a year and it still looks brand new. My dogs are frequent passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical problems seem to be common, also MPG could be better, I get 17mpg if that. Oil consumption oddly high.