2000 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
Overall
By answerinstl on 04/18/07 20:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I have put over 35K miles on my Rodeo in less than 2 years. I love this SUV. It is comfy, roomy, and economical. 95K miles currently and still going real strong with no signs of slipping. I would buy another no problems here.

Best Looking SUV
By Chris on 02/17/06 01:21 AM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I decided to purchase a Rodeo after looking at several other SUVs. The major reason we decided on it was that it was the only vehicle we could agree on. In my opinion (which my wife gave me permission to have), it is the most muscular and attractive SUV ever built. The 3.2L V6 is not an astounding powerplant, but it is lively and reliable; it makes plenty of torque for light-duty towing and trips up the canyon, but it won't set any speed records. We have been very pleased with the simple and intelligent layout of the interior and the seats are supportive on long drives. Look for a Rodeo in a lighter color to really see the muscular fender flares and appreciate the design.

Great SUV
By Fernando on 01/12/06 14:27 PM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

Great mid-size SUV. No problems with the car after 5 years of owning it. Very smooth drive and very reliable. The only drawback is the fact that there's a lot of noise in the cabin and of course it consumes more fuel that I would like to but it is the price we pay for an SUV.

Excellent
By catcher10us on 12/01/05 15:44 PM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had this Rodeo since new, now almost 90k miles. Other than normal maintenance items, brakes and an intake gasket, this truck has been great. Still runs strong and honestly, was looking at something new, but nothing runs better than this. This was my third Isuzu, 2 Troopers and the Rodeo. Sorry Isuzu has given up on the US marketplace.

Love my Rodeo
By Laurie on 11/09/05 21:31 PM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 4dr SUV

Great car. Recently had a brake check at 35,000 miles and the mechanic said they were like new. Had to replace a belt at $65.00. Had a computer problem recently (car didn't know it was cold when starting and the engine would bog). That cost me $500. Other than that the car has been perfect and extremely reliable.

Very Nice
By Douglas on 05/03/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LSE 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a pleasant purchase for me. As an owner of only small cars before I was not sure if I would like this vehicle but I have. I have had a few things repaired (all under warranty) and have no real major complaints. It's fun and comfortable to drive but not nearly as stable as a car. I never do anything abrupt for fear of losing control. Excellent in the snow and off road. Has a great stereo. even though it had to be replaced once. Have gone coast to coast with no problems.

You get what you pay for
By JenniferD on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Until November 2003, I loved my Rodeo. It ran like a dream, with just minor irritations. Upon taking it in for a regular oil change, the dealership informed me that at 38000 miles, the entire engine needed to be replaced. They admitted that it was caused by a flaw in the design. At 50K, it was towed in for an electrical short that made the car completely stop on a busy road. The dealership made the problem worse. Now, electrical problems cause cruise control to turn on randomly. The dealership will not support me, Isuzu Corporate will not support me. Time for a trade-in.

2000 Rodeo
By timmy on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle looses about one quart of oil every 500-1000 miles and all the mechanics I've talked to say this is normal. So if you don't feel like counting miles to change oil, this is not the car for you.

Do not recomend.
By sunshinegal on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

My Isuzu has had an engine clicking noise since day one. I have used premium gas, had mechanics look at it... no fixing it. Recently have had to get the fuel pump replaced, new AC compressor and evaporator coil, back windshield wiper. All of which not covered by warranty. Go figure. The dealsership we bought from, went out of buisness- the one we went to after that, also went out of buisness so now i get services at Honda, because they have the passport. I am still having mechanical problems with the car. The car stalls intermentantly and then when re-cranked it stalls when the vehicle is put in drive or reverse. Very unreliable. Do not reccomend.

Still running strong....
By Quincunx on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV

I bought this truck with about 11k miles on it, and I'm now at about 78k. Other than the fuel gauge giving up the ghost about 10k miles ago, I've had no major problems. Whether highway, city, or off-road, gas mileage stays steady at about 19.5 mpg. Compared to others in its price range (Xterra, etc.) the Rodeo seemed more solidly built. My fiancee and I have owned several Isuzus and have been quite satisfied with each one. I plan on keeping it quite a while yet! I would certainly consider buying another.