2000 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
Too bad Isuzu stopped making the Rodeo
By briantwomey on 04/05/11 13:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LSE 4dr SUV

I bought this new in 2000. It now has 125K miles and purs like a kitten. Feels the bumps in the road more than some other SUV's and that's because the Rodeo was built on a truck frame. I understood this when I bought it. The Rodeo came with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. Try to find that today. You may get a 5 year 100K mi but nobody wants to go 10 years. Other than the usual maintenance wear and tare stuff my Isuzu had been great. I think this year I'll replace the sound system and look for some new rims. It has great reaction and control and also great pick-up.

Disappointed
By taylor on 08/29/10 09:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The ride is bumpy, front seat does not go back far enough from the steering wheel. My rodeo is one of the recalls for the undercarriage. Part of the frame that supports the tire underneath broke off, the vehicle started to rock as though i was in a tornado or caught in a wind storm. i lost control nearly had a wreck someone or myself could have been hurt or killed. I was told that Isuzu have gone out of business and I am responsible for the repairs. Any suggestions.

Reliable
By deckards on 02/16/10 19:18 PM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

With a forward thinking grill design and overall body shape, this doesn't look like a 10 year old mid-sized SUV sitting in my driveway. Bought over a year ago, I've put 30,000 miles on it...bringing the total to 161K. Major repair was a throttle body when idling issues appeared but has been running perfectly ever since. 200K shouldn't be a problem. Overall a really good purchase for a safe vehicle that me, the kids and the dog enjoy.

Izusu's best years...
By jays cars on 01/22/10 14:56 PM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LSE 4dr SUV

Our family has owned our Rodeo since new and as of 01/2010 it has 81400 miles and the only thing we had done was the fuel pump had to be replaced in 07 (under warranty), but it has outlasted all our cars and trucks. I love that its soo strong and reliable, I'm not sure if i will ever find a vehicle like it again or if they even make them anymore. I think the 1999- 2009 Isuzu our one of the best SUV made. So wish i could find a used one at the right price, would buy it in a minute.

10 years and still running strong
By Dale Fieber on 01/07/10 18:22 PM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I bought my Rodeo new in 2000, that was 10 years ago. It now has over 156k miles on it. Aside from normal maintenance, I have only had 400.00 repair of a leaking plug on transmission. at 150k, the brake pads still had 30% wear left - incredible. Its still spunky, and has enuf power. Cd changer went out - I hear that is common. Too bad resale at this point is not real good - at KBB prices, it will be a great deal for someone should I decide to part with it.

got knocked out of gear
By Kim McGlamery on 11/18/09 09:54 AM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV

I love my Rodeo, but it was easily knocked out of gear by a 2 yr old while it was not running and keys were out. It went rolling with her in it as I tried to jump in and stop it I lost my grip and fell under. Crushed my left side. How could this have happened? usually have to step on brake to move gear shift.

I love this SUV
By mztalker19 on 08/13/09 07:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a family of five now and we need a van. I am going to hate to see my truck go. It has been so good to me. I have made multiple trips to Missouri from Michigan in this truck. I have not had any problems with this truck. Helpful reminders is to make sure you tighten the gas cap past three clicks and keep oil in it is about all. I have noticed that the oil tends to burn a little quicker than other vehicles BUT it doesn't leak it. Has never been a big deal. I am VERY impressed with this truck and whomever buys it from me is going to be happy! Good luck, you won't regret it.

Bad, Bad Bad.
By lalas on 02/20/09 21:05 PM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the worst SUV anyone can have. I bought my rodeo used and after a few days I had the CHECK ENGINE light on whenever the gas tank is not full. The gas gauge keeps moving to the direction of what turn I make, and to add insult to injury, the engine sounds like you have your foot on the gas even when you have it in park.

Reliable
By joe on 11/06/08 12:46 PM (PST)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LSE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the used vehicle with 127,000 miles on it, and it runs great and has been very reliable. I've had no mechanical problems or anything major. The engine is strong, has no leaks, and is very clean. The only disappointment I have is that it drives like a minivan and doesn't take sharp turns smoothly. The tires were wearing unevenly till I adjusted the camber.

Still Going!
By smeeks1 on 05/01/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I have 118,000 miles and weve been through a lot together! When I first purchased it (had 15k miles) it had an engine switch problem, dealer had to have it towed in to repair. At about 90,000 miles I experienced electrical issues with my AC, I have to jiggle it for it to be extra cold. This does use a lot of oil for some reason, I change it religiously 2800 miles. This is my first car, I think its very easy to handle. I whip it around quite easily and never get that "tipping" feeling. The design still looks pretty good for an 8yr old car. I plan on keeping my rodeo until it dies and I dont think thats anytime soon. I would recommend it overall. Its really fun to drive, great visibility too!