Used 1996 Isuzu Rodeo SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

1996 Isuzu Rodeo SUV

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

nothing but junk!
By Sherry Gyor Conschafsky

1996 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S V6 4dr SUV

i have had my 96 rodeo for about 3 years now. so far, it is the noisiest motor i have ever heard. the whole body underneath is nothing but rust. had to buy a new part for the gas tank because it rusted and was leaking gas like a sieve. that was $400! it is falling apart! tried to find the part at a salvage yard, and guess what, all of the rodeo's in the salvage yard were rusted out in the same places! now, we can't figure out why i have no tail/dash lights. replaced the relay and multiple fuses. can't figure this one out. will never own one again!!

Favorite Features

great in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

for goodness sake, isuzu manufactures, put some undercoat on these cars!!!

265,000+miles and still going
By Florida Rodeo

1996 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV

I have had my 96 Rodeo for 5 years and it has 265,122 miles on it, I have had the basic problems to fix(brakes, alternator, battery, gaskets, tires) basic wear and tear and a new clutch at about 200,000 so not too bad. I love it, I would buy another one right now but never a manual, I hate not having cruise control. The basic edition is very basic, no thrills, but will always go where you need her to go.

Favorite Features

Look and reliability and space.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, that is about it.

An Amazing Vehicle
By Greg

1996 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S V6 4dr SUV

Bought this 1996 Rodeo for my daughter in 1998 since then she has moved on to a newer car and I have taken over the rodeo. When I took over the Rodeo I resolved to not put any money into the car and I haven't. At 203,000 the car just keeps going, and going. It will run 89 mph + all day long, always starts, I have loaded in down with 200 pounds of lumber and driven 400 miles no problem. The radio sound is great, good base from the rear speakers good highs from the front speakers. A/C is still ice cold with no servicing. I'm worried now as to what I'm going to replace in with when it finally dies.

Favorite Features

Radio sound, drivers seat. Cruise, roof rack.

Suggested Improvements

Not made anymore. Isuzu bring back the Rodeo.

Excellent vehicle... robust & durable!
By TimK

1996 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Low resale value makes this superb vehicle an excellent used car buy. We own a 1992 Isuzu Trooper S with the same engine. Its strength has been unbelievable, on two continents! I expect similar performance & reliability from our new (used) 1996 Isuzu Rodeo LS (4WD). For anyone who hasn't examined these Isuzu Rodeos, you're in for a pleasant surprise. Their frames are like tanks, engines over-built, and they ride smoothly & predictably over rough terrain. They tow loads like nobody's business. Example? We just towed this 4,000+ pound Isuzu Rodeo on a #2,000 trailer total weight (#6,000+) with our Isuzu Trooper for 500 miles over mountainous terrain with no problem. Superb performance.

Pretty Good Car
By Jim

1996 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S V6 4dr SUV

It has been great bought it with 75,000 miles and now have 162,000 miles on it. Only replaced alternator and starter. Everything else standard maintenance. Only in the last years have cosmetic interior issues arisen. Power windows and locks failing. Paint just now rubbing off. Over all pretty good.

Favorite Features

Plenty of storage space and V6 Engine

Suggested Improvements

Power windows should not have plastic guides for the cable when they break they are sharp and frey the cable causing it to lock up.