Used 1995 Isuzu Rodeo SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Isuzu Rodeo SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

Buyer Beware
By Unlucky buyer

1995 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle because of good reviews. I have had constant problems, in the repair shop 4 times and now I must scrap. I bought with 133K miles, should have had good life left, but completely died in all areas: Back doors dont work Power window Died Engine Noise Trans Dieing Had to the shop for: Alternator Water Pump failed Bearings Failed in Wheels Numerous leaks in the wheels and drive train. I am not sure If I got unlucky or the build quality is poor. I have owned other high mileage vehicles without problem. I say pass and save yourself the trouble like me

Comfortable seats

Quality and computer readout of maintenance needed

momma love's her truck
By sabrina robinson

1995 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

i brought my 1995 rodeo used in 2007 with 147000k miles on it and it's a joy to have.by it being use i have had only minor problems with it i have put a new water pump on it new belts,new radiator and my a/c and heat went out side driver window cable is broke but i have never had any major problems at all. i know if i had brought it brand new and had been the only owner it would still be nice which it still is now.right now i am trying to fix all minor problems and give it a new look by painting it and adding on some chrome finishing .i love my rodeo and would buy another one use or new because it don't give you any major problems just a lot of minor ones.

it's just a reliable suv

needs to be better seal up you can hear the wind as you drive blowing inside and stereo need to be place higher

Reliable as can be
By Tyler

1995 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S V6 4dr SUV

I bought my 1995.5 Isuzu rodeo in 1997 (one year old) with 23k miles on it. It now has 154k. Original engine and original tranny. You cannot beat this truck with as stick. Bought from FL to NC 5 times while towing 2 ton boat. Been up hills, in mountains across the country. No major bill exceeding $300. (Usually timing belt etc) These trucks were built to last. Only issues: the AC compressors are horrible and faulty. No CUP HOLDERS. But try blowing this engine, it won't happen! Now its my work vehicle and it starts every time. Get a 1995. 5 to 1997 the new int is better!

Reliability baby!!

cup holders, AC compressor, suspension, fuel economy is average

165K and 13 years Rodeo
By Andy

1995 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S V6 4dr SUV

I bought this SUV in December 95, still going great. This SUV drives great. I had no major issues. I have not fixed any thing that broke, that cost more than $200 at any single instance. I changed timing belt twice, that cost $400 both the times. After 13 years and 165K miles I am ready for another vehicle. I do not have space in my garage otherwise I would keep this gem.

Reliability. Power.

Rough ride could be improved. I think shocks are the culprits.

Fivespeedrodeo
By Fivespeedrodeo

1995 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S V6 4dr SUV

I had my Rodeo for eight years before Hurricane Wilma hit Fort Lauderdale, FL. The damage was minor but it was eleven years old, 250000 miles and insured. I would, never again, be offered $4000 for it so I had to let it go. It may have only been 2WD but with the 24 valve 3.2 liter V6, five speed and a 4.10 axle it could really move. It also had all of the power gadgets (windows, door locks and cruise control). At 16 miles per gallon it wasn't bad when gas was $1.09 but, before the end, gas was $3.09, reducing the "fun to drive" factor. The huge back seat looked very comfortable, but the drive axle was noticed under it and access was more difficult than it looked.

The V6 five speed and all of the power gadgets together and the handling from the final tires I used (Firestone Indy 500, P235/70R15). I would also say that reliability was better than than the ratings suggested. Brakes were excellent (4 wheel disc), original pads lasted 153000 miles.

You can't improve a discontinued model, but my biggest complaint was the fuel economy toward the end. The "single fold" back seat wasn't very convenient either.