Used 1994 Isuzu Rodeo SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Isuzu Rodeo SUV - Consumer Reviews

1994 Isuzu Rodeo SUV

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

Gone farthest
By Sean Soliven

1994 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Rodeo brand new and is very well maintained....so far its got almost 270,000 miles and still runs good. This SUV has pretty much covered all the remote, scenic places in the Southwestern US and countless offroad trails to which is the main reason I bought it, love this truck.....

Loved It.
By beagle1218

1994 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV

Bought my 1994 Rodeo used over eleven years ago.
Loved everything about the car.
Never had to put in any real money.
Had 110,000 miles on it and going strong.
If not for Hurricane Sandy I would still happily be driving this car.
I planned to drive this car for several more years, unfortunately the entire interior of the car and the engine flooded with salt water after the hurricane.
Only thing I found that could stop my beloved Rodeo.

Everything.

My First Car
By JD

1994 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV

I bought my 1994 Isuzu Rodeo when I was 16 years old in 2008. It was my first car and currently my daily driver. My Rodeo is the base model with 2wd, manual trans, and the 120 hp I4. It drives great for the most part though it does feel a little short of power when going up steeper roads at highway speeds. As of right now (November '10), it has almost 207,000 miles! I have to say that it's a great off roader for a 2wd! I did have to have a new clutch and radiator as well as some somewhat major engine work done around 190,000 miles. However, since then it has been a reliable SUV. I have really enjoyed my first car and I plan to continue enjoying it for thousands of miles to come!

Fun to drive with 5 speed manual transmission, styling, it also has a unique looking key.

Cup holders.

Good SUV over the long run
By Joe

1994 Isuzu Rodeo SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car with only 42K miles on it and have driven it for the past 12 years! All in all the car has been amazingly reliable and good to me. Have done mostly wear and tear items with a couple exceptions including rebuilding the cams, which almost made me sell the truck. However the dealer at the time told me these trucks last until 200,000 miles and he was right! Was one of best decisions I ever made.

dependability, overall good style and comfort

Needs cup holders

A truly great truck
By luckyzsquirrel

1994 Isuzu Rodeo SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased a 94 Rodeo back in 2000 with around 80,000 miles. I've owned a number of vehicles and this was one of the best I've ever owned. Great styling, great off road, tough, reliable. For its age it handles well. Performance was great, again especially for its age. Did have to replace some items (cat converter, clutch), and it did have some heating problems, but given its age and miles when I sold it, was a very reliable car. It was far more reliable than the 2003 Jeep that replaced it, but that's another story.

Performance. Off road ability. Roomy. Style. Reliable.

The rear opening was a little small because the roof arched near the back. Mileage could be better. No cup holders.