1994 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
Loved It.
By beagle1218 on 11/19/12 21:18 PM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

Bought my 1994 Rodeo used over eleven years ago. Loved everything about the car. Never had to put in any real money. Had 110,000 miles on it and going strong. If not for Hurricane Sandy I would still happily be driving this car. I planned to drive this car for several more years, unfortunately the entire interior of the car and the engine flooded with salt water after the hurricane. Only thing I found that could stop my beloved Rodeo.

My First Car
By JD on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV

I bought my 1994 Isuzu Rodeo when I was 16 years old in 2008. It was my first car and currently my daily driver. My Rodeo is the base model with 2wd, manual trans, and the 120 hp I4. It drives great for the most part though it does feel a little short of power when going up steeper roads at highway speeds. As of right now (November '10), it has almost 207,000 miles! I have to say that it's a great off roader for a 2wd! I did have to have a new clutch and radiator as well as some somewhat major engine work done around 190,000 miles. However, since then it has been a reliable SUV. I have really enjoyed my first car and I plan to continue enjoying it for thousands of miles to come!

Good SUV over the long run
By Joe on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car with only 42K miles on it and have driven it for the past 12 years! All in all the car has been amazingly reliable and good to me. Have done mostly wear and tear items with a couple exceptions including rebuilding the cams, which almost made me sell the truck. However the dealer at the time told me these trucks last until 200,000 miles and he was right! Was one of best decisions I ever made.

A truly great truck
By luckyzsquirrel on 06/11/10 15:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased a 94 Rodeo back in 2000 with around 80,000 miles. I've owned a number of vehicles and this was one of the best I've ever owned. Great styling, great off road, tough, reliable. For its age it handles well. Performance was great, again especially for its age. Did have to replace some items (cat converter, clutch), and it did have some heating problems, but given its age and miles when I sold it, was a very reliable car. It was far more reliable than the 2003 Jeep that replaced it, but that's another story.

4th Rodeo
By ken on 07/21/09 22:25 PM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo S V6 4dr SUV

I am on my 4th Rodeo and every one has been a pleasure to own. This one has 270,000 miles on it and still going strong. Has been very reliable.

Ugly Duckling Turns into Swan
By SGcvn69 on 03/08/08 17:07 PM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I got this car when I was 15.5 years old and it ran like a champ for me until the day before Thanksgiving for me last year, 2007 when the transmission finally went on me. Slips from 1st to 2nd gear. It wasn't the car I had wanted as a teen, but I have ended up loving this car SO much! It's hard to give it up. It's been a great car...141k miles!

Like the Energizer Bunny...keeps going!
By ExcptionToStereotype on 08/08/06 08:34 AM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had the vehicle since it had 70k miles on it and it now has 175k. The car doesn't owe me a cent. I've been faithful on preventative maintenance. Yes, the Rodeo has always burned a little oil, but only about 1/2 qt every 2000 miles. It's not a big deal to add it. I've found that if you change the oil every 3000 miles, the engine runs quieter. Power windows, A/C side view mirror motor and heater, cruise control, and power locks all still work. Isuzu's paint quality is outstanding. Chrome still shines. We've never been stranded in this car. We've traveled cross country a couple times, exposed the car to extreme Minnesota temps and it just keeps going. Same battery for 100k+ miles!

Izusu
By Michele on 12/31/05 18:24 PM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV

I have owned this vehicle for about 3 years. It has been very reliable and for maintenance I have had to replace the clutch, brakes, and changed the oil every 1,000 miles because of ticking noise in the lifters and oil consumption but other than that I would buy a new Rodeo if the problems with the oil consumption was not a factor, as well as the better gas milege

Japanese Lemon
By ShouldaBoughtaToyota on 05/06/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The Rodeo looked and ran good, the price was $6,000 cheaper than a 4-Runner. I looked at all the available ratings and thought I could not go wrong. The front end had a shimmy but was fixed with new tires, until 6 months later when the steering column failed. List of major problems with this vehicle: bad water pump, continuous oil leaks from odd places on engine, transmission problems, bad rear wheel seal on BOTH sides at same time, (very pricey to fix!), injector failures, power steering pump failure, radiator tanks cracked, BOTH at same time, A/C comp failed($900.00 +), window switches break all the time ($300+ per). Too much more to list. Parts way too expensive, poor gas mileage, be careful!

Best Isuzu Ever
By 1989 Mark 7 on 03/30/05 23:03 PM (PST)

1994 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I bought my Rodeo new in June of 1994. It had 17 miles on it. Over 11 years and nearly 130,000 miles I have changed one battery, one alternator, and one headlight bulb. All in all I love my truck. I bought another Rodeo in 1998 but I still am clinging to old faithful.