AMPHIBIOUS MACHINE
By nikolio on
1993 Isuzu Rodeo S 4dr SUV 4WD
I've had my Rodeo for 8 years, it has 192,000 miles on it. My dad wanted me to get rid of it a long time ago and buy something more economical, but I decided I would drive it into the ground, and I'm having a hard time killing it! So far I've replaced the alternator twice in it; it's in a tricky location near the bottom of the engine block so it gets gooked up with anything that drips on it from above. There have been other minor fixes that can be expected for a 17 year old car, but seeing as I originally paid $5,000 for it, it has been an unbelievable value, and I'm glad I didn't take my dad's advice because I have had so much fun in it over the years.
Favorite Features
This thing PLOWS through snow, the 4WD is unbelievable. I've even taken it through some streams and rivers, it handles some mean terrain, while it also drives very nicely on the freeway. I also think it's just plain sexy, even though it's 17 years old.
Suggested Improvements
Cup holders? Also, the way the wipers are set up is kind of funky, pushing those buttons is a little obnoxious.